Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 127 total)
  • TDF – I Dont think Cav had a good day yesterday ANGRY CAV
  • clubber
    Free Member

No double bluff – I was just stirring – my point really being that actually, it could have feasibly happened but people will read into small things what they choose to in order to support their POV.

aP
    Free Member

They'll probably put fresh bar tape on every night to all the bikes – that'll be the least of their worries.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

I think there have been lots more sports superstars with self control than without, and losing self control doesn't do anything good for performance – just look at Tiger Woods for example.

Yeah, he has exemplary self control – just remind me how many women besides the one he made a life commitment to that he stuck his cock in…

I can honestly say that I've never in my life lashed out at anything through frustration. You worry me slightly!

I worry me slightly too! However, my wife likes to remind me that I've never even offered to hit her, the dog or anything remotely expensive, nor do I sleep around, lash out verbally at people, or bear grudges for years on end and let them eat away at me. I would say my passion is pretty well managed, given it's never brought to bear in a destructive way on any living being, human or otherwise.

RealMan
    Free Member

Are people actually moaning about some guy throwing his helmet down the stairs? He's just rode 4 stages of the TdF he could've won, and got nothing from it. He's a bit frustrated. To say you wouldn't be doing the same is pathetic.

And besides

Woody
    Free Member

But at least Millar had the excuse that the red mist had come down due to a severe nad hit.

Wonder if someone in that village is now riding along on a very nice bike 😉

brakes
    Free Member

there was quite a bit of commotion over the last couple of kms with teams fighting for position, then someone put in a bit of a mini break and HTC lost control, then Renshaw had to carry Cav in on his own for too long – Cav had to hold on for too long and ran out of gas when Petacchi burst through
    why aren't people allowed to get angry anymore and throw a strop when they're frustrated? we may as well all be protocol droids.

scaredypants

bakes, he's allowed to throw a strop but also we're allowed to take the piss

(edit) – though I do agree, righteous indignation is taking things a bit far

DavidB
    Free Member

As above, it was throwing the bike to the ground that pissed me off

Are you pissed off at Chavanel as well then?

Woody
    Free Member

Didn't see that but yes, I'm now pissed off at him as well !

In fact I'm pissed off generally today because my virtually new track pump has died and I'm having to pump up 2 sets of tyres with a micro pump which led to being distracted on here while trying to source a new one and I'm typing this instead of being out in the sun……..and now the wind has gone to gale force too 👿

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Ha ha knew this would end up in pointless mindless debate! like all sporting personalities some of us like Cav others don't, same with Lance Armstrong, Cadel Evans, David Millar all of who I find incredibly irritating! particularly DRUGS CHEAT Millar now he's someone I really really want to punch!

Anyway to Geraint Thomas … awesome skills I nearly lost my voice shouting at the TV especially as I knew him as a kid when he started with Maindy Flyers and rode for Cardiff JIF! But awesome display.

jimmyshand
    Free Member

Ditch_Jockey – your last post there worries me lots. There is a serious underlying tone of latent nastiness in your post. I suspect you have the potential to be a serial killer.

njee20
    Free Member

However, my wife likes to remind me that I've never even offered to hit her

I think the fact she reminds you of that is more worrying than having to remind you that you have 'offered' to hit her!

How does that conversation go?:

D_J: GRRRR I'm SO ANGRY
    Wife: well, at least you've never offered to beat me up
    D_J: Aah, yes, that's true. Happy times. Where's that **** Ikea table.
    Wife: Good lad

clubber
    Free Member

M_C – funny, I was thinking about this yesterday – When Thomas finished second on Tuesday I didn't even really get excited.

Not because I don't think it's a good result but just because it shows how far we've come on as a country – Who'd have thought even five years ago that we'd have a British team in the TdF with a contender for the GC and other riders who can also win stages/do very well! Brilliant isn't it 🙂

scaredypants

D_J: GRRRR I'm SO ANGRY
    Wife: well, at least you've never offered to beat me up
    D_J: Aah, yes, that's true. Happy times. Where's that **** Ikea table.
    Wife: Good lad

😆

Dougal
    Free Member

It may be a bit immature but he's only young.

He's 25, that excuse doesn't work anymore.

keavo
    Free Member

watching thomas with great interest. i think he's capable of a being highest british finsher in both gc and points. he's young too, plenty of years left.

Netdonkey

At least he is showing some desire to win. Our footballers could learn a lot from him. As for the sponsors, they get international air time whether he wins or loses. Is anyone not going to buy a HTC phone because he got the hump. For the record some sportsmen who in my opinion are worse role models than Cav in to particular order.

John Terry
    Ashley Cole
    Mike Tyson
    Amir Kahn
    Any athlete\cyclist caught doping
    Marion Jones
    Tony Adams
    Joey Barton
    Eric Cantona
    George Best
    Marlon King

hey that is quite a lot of footballers now I think!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I would like to know why he sat up and didn't keep fighting to the line as he would of gained a few more points?

clubber
    Free Member

I reckon because he's sensibly given up on green so it's only about wins and he clearly wasn't going to win yesterday.

RealMan
    Free Member

I reckon because he's sensibly given up on green so it's only about wins and he clearly wasn't going to win yesterday.

+1

RealMan
    Free Member

Don't think he will be angry any more, that was fantastic.

warton
    Free Member

Superb

jimmyshand
    Free Member

Fantastic.

wwaswas

if he throws his bike down in joy does that make it alright?

neninja
    Free Member

Well he just won today so all smiles again

clubber
    Free Member

Thanks for the spoilers 😈

keavo
    Free Member

well taken, pleased for him.

jimmyshand
    Free Member

Change of tactics today and Renshaw played an absolute blinder. Never knew the TdF was a full contact event though. 😀

xc-steve
    Free Member

Had to stop myself from screaming at my computer get in mark awesome sprinting!

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Cheers guys, I'll enjoy the program
    so much more later on now I know the result.

jimmyshand
    Free Member

^ = Muppet.

wwaswas

I can't help thinking that a thread about how he behaved after yesterdays stage might be best avoided by people not wanting to find out how he behaved today?

matthew_h
    Free Member

I agree with wwaswas.

Great to see Cav back at his best

clubber
    Free Member

You are of course right but I'll be honest that I just clicked through from the my profile list without thinking that I had to try and avoid it…

wwaswas

good job you're not on twitter – *everyone* seems to tweet as soon as the stage is over.

Even if they don't know the result, in some cases…

clubber
    Free Member

I make a point of avoiding twitter for that reason if I don't want to know a sporting event result… and fb…

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

I can't help thinking that a thread about how he behaved after yesterdays stage might be best avoided by people not wanting to find out how he behaved today?

I can't help thinking that there are a lot of people about who probably have velcro fasteners on all their shoes.

clubber
    Free Member

Velcro rocks! 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

Actually the velcro on my spesh shoes is wearing out and I can't find a replacement strap for them, its really annoying..

Netdonkey

Bugger, might as well skip the highlight show!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘TDF – I Dont think Cav had a good day yesterday ANGRY CAV’ is closed to new replies.