Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 127 total)
  • TDF – I Dont think Cav had a good day yesterday ANGRY CAV
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

Cavendish needs to grow up and stop throwing his dummy out of his pram hes acting like a total dick, you would think he would realize he cannot win every sprint FFS, makes entertaining viewing though! 😆

njee20
    Free Member

My wife did suggest that I bring along one of the little square tables from IKEA next time, as that is my favoured target for frustrations when I'm at home – I think the count is 3 so far.

I can honestly say that I've never in my life lashed out at anything through frustration. You worry me slightly!

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

It's OK Kingtut, I've never been bothered about being in a minority. I just say what I think is right.

njee20
    Free Member

It's not right/wrong, it's your opinion. But it's wrong 🙂

MrSmith
    Free Member

cav is brilliant. if only for the way he gets you lot wound up.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Cadel Evans no there is a rider that i feel insulted just to look at

Well he may have a face that makes you want to punch it but – hey – the guy was MTB World Cup Champion TWICE in 1998 and 99 so respect due.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I'm almost tempted to kick my helmet out of my office door, just to see how many people are insulted.

Woody
    Free Member

I HATE to see equipment being treated like that – used to drive me nuts when rock stars trashed guitars etc. and even worse Rob Warner chucking that lovely bike in the MBUK vid years ago.

If he's that upset why doesn't he go into a back room and flagellate himself with a rusty chain?

Childish, lacking in self-control/discipline, bad example, winning is the only thing that matters attitude……………….

We could do with a few more Brits like that 😉

Haze

I have some new found respect for Evans, after watching him in the Giro this year.

DavidB
    Free Member

you would think he would realize he cannot win every sprint FFS

Personally, I LOVE the fact that he believes in himself so much that he thinks he can and should win every sprint. He's the John McEnroe of cycling long may he throw his dummy around.

soobalias
    Free Member

meh, he had a bad day, hushovd looked equally empty when the time came

rOcKeTdOg

you would think he would realize he cannot win every sprint FFS

this is the arrogance that sets apart the occasional winners from the elite, chipolini was the same, Cav has the hunger to win everything he enters,winning is everything to him,no one remembers who came second despite what the liberals say "it's the taking part", that's just rubbish.maybe he should give Englands footballers some lessons in this. if he didn't get upset about losing i'd think less of him, more anger, more wins please

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Just on the passion V self control question. I think there have been lots more sports superstars with self control than without, and losing self control doesn't do anything good for performance – just look at Tiger Woods for example.

And although McEnroe was a great tennis player, I don't think his petulant outbursts really did him any favours. Compare and contrast Bjorn Borg for example.

aP
    Free Member

rightplacerighttime – Member
    I think a professional sportsman who knows there are cameras around should be able to act like a grown up. I'm not insulted to the point where I'm going to write letters in green ink, but like I said, for a person in his position it is poor form and he could/should do better.

I assume this applies to all those moronic footballers who complained about the fans hating them when they didn't actually manage to score any runs in the world cup.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

this is the arrogance that sets apart the occasional winners from the elite

Au contraire – it is what makes a few really talented sportsmen interesting to the media and punters, but which often stops them from achieving their true potential.

oldgit
    Free Member

And don't forget the early racings been pretty tough this year, a few years ago early stages were just a showboat for sprinters.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

they didn't actually manage to score any runs in the world cup.

I think you may have meant "goals" there – but yes

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Bunch of drama queens

ChrisF
    Free Member

Pro cycling celebrates and encourages character traits that would be odd, undesirable or even downright dangerous in the general public. Extreme examples – Marco Pantani, Bernard Hinault and Lance Armstrong.

The angry and unreasonable side of Cav's character is part of what makes him what he is, take that away and he wouldn't be as good. He needs to grow up a bit and learn to deal with the press a bit better maybe, but the sport would be duller without him. I hope he can win today, just so he doesn't go home at the weekend.

tomlevell

I think a professional sportsman who knows there are cameras around should be able to act like a grown up. I'm not insulted to the point where I'm going to write letters in green ink, but like I said, for a person in his position it is poor form and he could/should do better.

Remind me who won the stage but which sponsor got the most airtime.
    His job as a professional is to get the sponsors on TV as much as possible. Even though he and the team did a shit job in the final run his tantrum kept them in the limelight and everyone wondering if they will get it right today.

clubber
    Free Member

I just read that Cav didn't actually throw the helmet – apparently he put it on the floor in the bus and whoever got on next then kicked it and it fell down the steps at the back.

But never let the truth stand in the way of a good b!tch, eh 😉

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

I'm sure his sponsors will be jolly happy then – especially his bike and helmet sponsors.

Marge
    Free Member

very true. There's not many successful 'quiet' sprinters out there.
    McEwen, Steegmans, Old man Boonen – none have the passion they showed earlier & they're nowhere in the real sprints anymore.

njee20
    Free Member

He needs to grow up a bit and learn to deal with the press a bit better maybe

His dealing with the press is spot on usually, his little outbursts are usually 'private', when actually being interviewed he's fine!

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

I just read that Cav didn't actually throw the helmet – apparently he put it on the floor in the which someone then kicked and it fell down the steps at the back.

But never let the truth stand in the way of a good b!tch, eh

That may be true – I hope it is.

But if he hadn't just chucked his bike on the floor it would never have been part of the story.

aP
    Free Member

Well you moaning about him having a bad day keeps him and his sponsors in the public eye just that bit longer. Do you work for High Road then?

scaredypants

apparently he put it on the floor in the bus

You know, I just bet that's what did happen clubber

keavo
    Free Member

cav and his team cocked it up a bit, allowing petacchi to get the upper hand with an early jump. he clearly doesn't have the form he had last year when he could win even without a perfect lead out. but theres luck involved in a bunch sprint and he could still win one. green jersey is out of reach though so i think he'd be happy with a stage and pull out at the mountain stages.
    not surprised that he's angry and frustrated with himself and the way his season has gone. no doubt he set his sights very high after last year and is failing.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I just bet that's what did happen

100%. 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Green jersey's not yet out of reach, it's a long way to Paris, I don't fancy his chances at all, but the sprinters have all got to get through the mountains first!

keavo
    Free Member

fair enough, out of reach is a bit definite. i really don't fancy his chances though.

soobalias
    Free Member

thats just insania.

ive never put my lid on something unless it was properly secured. treating valuable equipment badly just cannot be excused

njee20
    Free Member

I personally don't wear my helmet, lest I crash, and damage it, offending people who've paid for theirs.

MrAgreeable

Amateur sportpeople lose their rags too y'know. Check matey's tantrum at 9:25 – he throws his bike into a skip, then fishes it out so he can throw it again. 🙂

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Gosh what a TERRIFYING video of cavendish. The way his helmet gently falls out of the bus, and plops on the floor….that shows real character

clubber
    Free Member

Can I just state that I totally made up the bit about it being kicked out of the bus by mistake 😉

IA

ou would think he would realize he cannot win every sprint FFS

I think to succeed at that level you have to believe you can win every sprint you're in. And not just think "I have a chance" but really believe it.

Also, "realise". 😉

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Can I just state that I totally made up the bit about it being kicked out of the bus by mistake

I thought you might have. Happy to know my BS detectors are working normally. Or is this a double bluff?

slowjo
    Free Member

If he had booted it out of the bus surely his lid would have zipped out like a scalded cat instead of tumbling? At the end of the day who cares? As others have said, if you haven't got that desire to win you are just going to be an also ran.

FWIW (and it ain't worth a lot) I am officially not insulted, disappointed or even mildly peeved that he was upset.

Why is no one talking about how well Geraint Thomas is doing instead?

Sky seem to be doing ok so far.

Woody
    Free Member

I just read that Cav didn't actually throw the helmet

As above, it was throwing the bike to the ground that pissed me off. Probably means someone will have to redo his bar tape to make it nice and smooth for the distraught prima donna.

Maybe the reason for his tantrum is something else…..he probably thinks no-one could beat him without some errrr………….dietary assistance possibly?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘TDF – I Dont think Cav had a good day yesterday ANGRY CAV’ is closed to new replies.