Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 130 total)
  • TdF Grand Depart – Where will you be stood?
  • aazlad
    Free Member

Stage 1 – Undecided (Family day out in the car)
    Stage 2 – Holme Moss (Cycling from home with pals)

Still undecided on Stage 1. We have a young baby so were thinking of heading to one of the spectator hubs/Fanparks so we can make the most of the facilities. I’m tempted to head to the Harrogate Fanpark but the traffic/parking concerns me. I don’t want to be stuck in traffic or a car park for hours with a BabyAazlad if he decides he’s not happy.

Wherever you go, enjoy it!

lemonysam
    Free Member

Otley. It’s passing within spitting distance of three of my former homes there so I thought it’d be rude not to.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Stage 1, Alwoodley, north leeds. Then back to the old mans for a BBQ and watch the rest on TV

Stage 2, Whixley on the A59. Then back to friends to watch on TV.

Will have Mrs Shep and Miss Shep in tow so nice to have a “House” base at both stages.

I’m dead excited.

MoreCashThanDash

Stage 1 – on the edge of Carsington reservoir watching my lad and his mates kayaking for his birthday “party”

Stage 2 – somewhere in the Matlock area as I need to get out and get some miles in for myself this weekend

Will get a much better view of the whole thing on ITVs highlights show.

totalshell

stage 1.. daughters communion ( priestt did condecend to move from sunday to sat..)

stage 2.. letting the train take the strain and a walk up that cragg vale to the robin hood

hatter

Stage 1 – Surreptitious Eurosport player on my phone at friend’s party
    Stage 2 – Sofa with a huge bag of dorritos explaining echelons to my 2 year old,
    Stage 3 – Green Park for the big screen then jogging over to the mall to behold the wattage.

bob_summers

Watching on Spanish telly unfortunately. Small consolation will be listening to Pedro Delgado trying to get his tongue around Yorkshire place names. Blubberhouses and Buttertubs should be good.

squiff
    Free Member

Stage 1 Skipton
    Stage 2 Steeton/silsden

squiff
    Free Member

Stage 1 Skipton
    Stage 2 Steeton/silsden

anonymouse
    Free Member

Stage 1 – either Scotthall Road or, if I can drag 2 families with 5 kids into the centre of Leeds the very start followed by busy overcrowded trains to Harrogate. Probably Scotthall.

Stage 2 – Addingham.

marcus
    Free Member

Day 1) Near Masham – hopefully after a few pints of Black Sheep and preceding a few more.
    Day 2) – Highlights on Sky plus when I get home to Derbyshire on Monday.

sandwicheater

Stage 1) Leeds, god knows where
    Stage 2) Holmfirth, god knows where

martinhutch

Whereabouts in Skipton you headed, Squiff? I’m still torn between heading out into the Dales and seeing it halfway round a ride, or seeing it in town and just enjoying a BBQ.

Stage 2, may try to get over to Blubberhouses.

number18
    Free Member

I’ll be with the hordes at Holme Moss, they’re expecting 60000 apparently… and I’m driving there! Aiming to park at 0700, which means I can drive across the route before the road closes.

So hard to plan as no one knows how many will be there. We’ve found a farm that is opening two fields for parking at 0500, hopefully by 0700 there’ll be spaces remaining.

manmurray

Stage 1 – Skipton, followed by multiple beers with my bro in Embsay
    Stage 2 – Bolton Bridge (hopefully after taking the steam train from Embsay)

In London at the moment, seems far to quiet compared to Yorkshire…

martinhutch

Still no sign of the hordes arriving here though.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Stage 2 – somewhere between Ripponden & West Vale. Was going to drive down the hill and up the other side, parking somewhere near the Spring Rock but I may just walk all the way there now… its only 3 miles so an hour or so… Set off at 10, be there for 11ish…

IHN

Day 1) – Ilkley
    Day 2) – Somewhere rideable from Ilkley (suggestions welcome)

lemonysam
    Free Member

Somewhere rideable from Ilkley

Mountain bike? Blubberhouses via Round Hill

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Stage 1 Buttertubs
    Stage 2 in the doghouse after being late back from stage 1

IHN

Mountain bike? Blubberhouses via Round Hill

Nope, roadie (but thanks).

dthom3uk

Day 1 – Fan park at the Headrow then train to Harrogate and fan park there.

Day 2 – Somewhere within riding distance of my house in Huddersfield

djglover
    Free Member

On day 2 I’m running over round hill /blubber houses moor to see it come up Kex gill road / A59, you can get there via road bike through Asquith, but you could just watch between Addingham and Silsden, which will be as good a place as any I guess…

lemonysam
    Free Member

Nope, roadie (but thanks).

Only short (and steep) but over Langbar to Bolton Abbey?

andycs

At the finish in Harrogate, then Holmfirth.

rOcKeTdOg

In front of the TV away from the crush of sweaty bodies or out riding, not decided yet

warton
    Free Member

Day 1 – Buttertubs. Parking in Middleton on teesdale (driving from Newcastle) and biking the rest of the way to Buttertubs
    Day 2- Doubt i’ll watch it live, catch highlights in the evening

jota180
    Free Member

Stage 1 – Grinton

All the rest TV

chambord
    Free Member

OH’s parents live in Keighley so:

Day 1: Walking early to either Addingham or Ilkley
    Day 2: Keighley with OH’s parents.

Excited now!

chris_db
    Free Member

1 – Old Ilkley Rd Otley
    2 – Cote du Blubberhouses (Kex Gill)

Woop!!!

GavinB

Day 1: Reeth/Grinton area hopefully with some Black Sheep Ale to quench a heavy thirst
    Day 2: Twitter feed, as we head home. Not ideal, but hey-ho

Crag
    Free Member

Crag junior has won a ticket in the grandstand in Leeds for the Grand Depart so, with me needing to get her into town before I’ve gone to bed, I’ll be milling about in Leeds centre on Saturday.
    Still undecided about Sunday.

sefton
    Free Member

family day in skipton
    club run to cragg vale

crankboy
    Free Member

sheepscar with bemused toddler will no doubt end up excitedly looking at cars in the car park and any generators on site.

xc-steve
    Free Member

Day 1: Leeds then train to see Mark claim his first Yellow Jersey
    Day 2: That Cat 2 Climb ‘Cote de Holme Moss’ any tips on where’s best to park to get to that?

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Velofest with 2 more families and a crate of lager & BBQ for Saturday then the 3 dads out on bikes Sunday to hopefully get from Kilnsey to Blubber houses via the back roads I`ve just found on Garmin, leaving the families to join the giant tea party at Velofest!!!

martib

1. Somewhere between Reeth & Leyburn.
    2. Not decided yet 🙄

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Stage 1: tv
    Stage 2: cote de Greetland (m62 junction) with my brother and 2 hyper 6 year old boys banging an old wheel rim like there’s no tomorrow.

mark_b
    Free Member

Sat: Either Leeds or Otley

Sun: To be decided but going over Round Hill to the A59 is tempting….

toemul
    Free Member

Buttertubs from blackpool, hoping not to fall down one of
    the tubs whilst wild camping on friday night after a few pints in hawes.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘TdF Grand Depart – Where will you be stood?’ is closed to new replies.