Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • TdF Glossop
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

So I understand that the TdF is coming into Glossop this Sunday. What are the chances of getting anywhere near to catch a glimpse of the peloton? Presumably parking up some distance away and walking/riding to the route side is the best option? Or do they close the roads to bikes too?

mt
    Free Member

Are you sure?

nbt

the nearest point to glossop will be the bottom of the descent from Holme Moss onto the Woodhead pass. The Woodhead pass itself will be closed to traffic from 6am I understand, though you’ll be able to ride bikes – if not, you can always ride along the longendale trail

BadlyWiredDog

The whole thing is being run by the Stasi – there’s a Derbyshire County Council web page with full details, erm, here or you could pop into High Peak and pick up a leaflet from Jamie.

Parking in Glossop looks potentially hellish fwiw. Various streets closed or converted to one-way for the day with ‘unauthorised vehicles will be towed’ signs all over the place. That includes residents who are advised to park in side streets which are, as you probably know, mostly already full of the cars of people who live in them.

Good luck – we’re walking and/or biking, but not sure exactly where atm.

mt
    Free Member

I never saw people living in cars in Glossop when I was was there.

BadlyWiredDog

Sorry fella, didn’t mean to confuse you.

MoreCashThanDash

I never saw people living in cars in Glossop when I was there.

Yeah, it’s gone quite upmarket in the last couple of years 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘TdF Glossop’ is closed to new replies.