Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • TDF – Are Some Competitors Big Sissies?
  • joao3v16
    Free Member

Boo. Hoo.

‘hi, we’re the shrek bros., and we’re a bit rubbish going downhill’

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

No, they are all hard as nails.

Stoner
    Free Member

I wouldnt call any of them cissies, but A Shleck did mince down that decent yesterday. Probably just whinging because they arent very competent decenders like Hushovd or Evans.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thomthumb
    Free Member

AS did a lot of moaning about yesterdays course in the ITV coverage interview.

yesterdays stage seemed fine. I will reserve judgement on the track through the woods.

crazy-legs

No, they are all hard as nails.

But in true Animal Farm style, some nails are more hardcore than others.

Garry_Lager

AS badly needs a sit down with Jens.
    He’s making a show of himself through the media this year.

warton
    Free Member

its simple, you go down to the best of your abilities. if you’re shit at it then accept that and move on, don’t whine like a little girl

druidh
    Free Member

Looks interesting

http://tinyurl.com/3lvkfo7

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Looks like your average British road surface, in fact maybe a little better.

joao3v16
    Free Member

its simple, you go down to the best of your abilities. if you’re shit at it then accept that and move on, don’t whine like a little girl

This is exactly what I was thinking when I read the article.

When you get riders finishing a stage after suffering some of the massive crashes we’ve seen over the past fortnight, these wimpering comments by the shrek’s just makes them sound silly.

binners

He was whining the other day about other people not attacking on the climbs too.

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO! They don’t have to. Its you who’s trying to win it. You need to make the time up. YOU attack! Sounds like a load of prima-donna crap to me

Anyway….. a track through the woods. I’ll look forward to seeing them on Cyclocross bikes at the very least then 😉

rusty90
    Free Member

They all have to be harder than a really hard thing just to be there in the first place.
    But Schleck, A. does seem to have taken over from Cav as top toy thrower.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I was disappointed with Andy’s reaction yesterday – I guess he’s just human and was looking for an excuse like we all do sometimes – but he ought to have kept his mouth shut – and taken a leaf out of Voeckler’s book.

thomthumb
    Free Member

druidh – Member

Looks interesting

http://tinyurl.com/3lvkfo7

narrow but the surface looks ok.

flyingmonkeycorps

“What do the public want to see, a fair race or a race which ends up in hospital?”

Hmm… If I know the public…

Haze

Looks pretty cool to me, I’d love to descend it safe in the knowledge that there’s no cars coming up.

druidh
    Free Member

Haze – Member
    Looks pretty cool to me, I’d love to descend it safe in the knowledge that there’s no cars coming up.

Yep – me too..

uplink
    Free Member

I sort of get the feeling that he expected to be top dog this year and things aren’t quite working to the plan

Nobby

Thing is, he didn’t lose most of the time coming down the mountain….

messiah
    Free Member

I liked Chris Boardmans comments yesterday about a rider needing to be an allrounder and not just a climber to win… Schleck A went down a long way in my estimations with his performance on the doonhall, and then the whinning… 😳

Hats off to Tor, Cadel, Voekler etc… they sure did MTFU.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

sounds like Andy needs a new motivational coach!

warton
    Free Member

I think his comments about todays descent being “fatally dangerous” are about as low as you can go. obviously trying to use the memory of what happened in the giro to get sympathy for himself.

he wasn’t even at the Giro, contador was, tyler Farrar, weylandts best mate was there, but you don’t hear him saying such things. Schleck should be very ashamed of himself in my opinion.

stevemtb
    Free Member

Thing is, even those ‘poor’ descenders are unbelievably good bike handlers and would put most people to shame. These guys are so close to the limit that one little mistake can cost their career or life.

Completely agree he shouldn’t have moaned about it but it was obviously getting to him on the way down.

joao3v16
    Free Member

obviously trying to use the memory of what happened in the giro to get sympathy for himself

From all the stuff I’ve read, he’s not getting any sympathy.

I do hope he’s happy with getting everyone thinking he’s a massive whinging baby instead.

richmtb

He really did come across as whining rather than genuinely concerned yesterday.

Unless all stages start at the bottom of the hill and finish at the top then descending is part of racing and he just needs to MTFU and learn to get better at it.

But they are still all hard as nails!

scu98rkr
    Free Member

If everybody descended at a speed within their abilities it would be fine.

But you know they’ll be some idiot who goes too fast for their skills.

Presumably this is what they mean by dangerous ?

When Im racing Im always keen to within my skill level downhill.
    Your’ll only make seconds at most (probably milliseconds) going faster downhill, but if you crash(or someone crashes into you) your can easily waste 30 seconds to a minute getting back on the bike.

Or if you injured yourself its race over which makes all the effort put in before pointless.

uplink
    Free Member

But you know they’ll be some idiot who goes too fast for their skills

The problem is not so much riding beyond limits but more exploring where they may be 🙂

neilforrow

A Shleck did mince down that decent yesterday

+1

AS did a lot of moaning about yesterdays course

+1

AS badly needs a sit down with Jens

+1

he just needs to MTFU

+1
    the point when he said “there are women and children watching this” i cried with laughter.

What a fin du cloche.

messiah
    Free Member

But you know they’ll be some idiot who goes too fast for their skills

Watching yesterdays coverage there was some guy in a blue top doing some odd riding and sprinting about… who crashed in front of AS near to where Beloki had his smash a few years ago… perhaps this is the incident he was aluding to and he feels he was nearly taken down by another rider?

I_did_dab
    Free Member

It looks like one of my favourite descents on the A686. But then, I don’t take it at race pace surrounded by a peleton…

Simon-E

It looks like one of my favourite descents on the A686. But then, I don’t take it at race pace surrounded by a peleton…

But you’re not paid megabucks to do it for a living.

warton has it right:

Its simple, you go down to the best of your abilities. if you’re shit at it then accept that and move on, don’t whine like a little girl

So that’s “true racing”? Bollocks. First class whingeing, that’s what it is. HTFU Andy, or get an office job like us professional desk jockeys.

warton
    Free Member

But then, I don’t take it at race pace surrounded by a peleton…

Moncutie (sp?) hates riding in the peloton on flat stages, let alone descents, so he stays at the back keeping his nose clean. don’t hear him whining about his lack of group riding skills do you.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘TDF – Are Some Competitors Big Sissies?’ is closed to new replies.