Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • TDF – Anyone got Stage 1 & 2 recorded and can chuck it on a DVD?
  • woody2000

As above – forgot to record the full stages 1 & 2 and would really like to watch them. Has anyone got them recorded and could burn to DVD? Happy to send blank discs and pay for postage etc etc.

TIA 🙂

legend
    Free Member

It should be on ITV player unless you’re connection is really ropey

nbt

Got them on the PVR in standard def – can export in .TS format which you can play in VLC or through most tellies I think. That any good for you?

ITV player only has highlights, not the full stage

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’d also love a copy of stage 2! cheers 🙂

teamslug
    Free Member

I recorded both as I was away biking at weekend!!. I am gonna put them onto disc to save for posterity. Happy to burn you a couple of copies. Email in profile.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Have you checked Eurosport player?

woody2000

Yeah, ITV player has highlights only. NBT – that sounds perfect if you could do that? Could you stick the files on Dropbox or something?

Teamslug – will be in touch if nbt’s suggestion doesn’t work – cheers!

Thanks all 🙂

nbt

I’ll sort it out soon as my new USB stick arrives so I have enough room. Rather than posting a public link I’ll mail you a link to the files so if I don’t have your address or you haven;t got one in your profile, mail me

woody2000

My email is in my profile nbt – thanks a lot 🙂

nbt

Wow. The SD recordings are 10gb EACH. Day 1 is 10.5gb and Day 2 is a smidge under 10GB, to be precise

Dropbox is not an option than as I only have 4gb on there. Anyone have any hosting suggestions?

thetallpaul
    Free Member

(Sorry for the hijack) A cheeky request for those who recorded the event.
    Can anyone see if the coverage showed the A59/A1 roundabout on Stage 2?
    I was flag marshall at the front of the roundabout and would love a clip if possible. Ta.

I was out of the house at 4:50am and forgot to set the PVR 🙁

nbt

what time did they come through, approximately? I can check coverage and see if you;re on there and if so I’ll send you a link to wherever it’s hosted

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Thanks nbt,
    I think it was around 11:38.

Was amazing standing in front of ~200 riders all aiming right at you and then splitting at the last moment. Even got to see an ‘exchange’ about which side to go between a couple of Astana riders.
    The team cars are driven by nutters. I don’t know how they did not clean me up.

scuttler

@TTP

Good news is you weren’t caught in an ad break. Bad news is you were on wide angle from the helicopter (what did you expect with a classic ’roundabout split’) when the peloton came through. You weren’t on for the breakaway but on the bright side you’re easy to spot and on for 15-30 seconds rather than 2.

You did a great job! No one crashed.

timmys

Wow. The SD recordings are 10gb EACH. Day 1 is 10.5gb and Day 2 is a smidge under 10GB, to be precise

Handbrake is dead easy to use and will allow you to convert them to mpg4 or something that will be a lot smaller with insignificant reduction in quality.

grum
    Free Member

Itv cut to an ad break for Hebden but we’re on the Eurosport coverage.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Thanks scuttler. I’ll take a wide angle shot over none.

If they couldn’t see the 6′ 4″ wide bloke in a fluorescent tabard waving a flag they really need their eyes testing. I almost hyperventilated with the whistle blowing. Still grinning from the memory.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

If you still have problems with individual file size use winzip/winrar to create an archive spanning several smaller files. I’ve had to do this a number of times on Box.

nbt

Cheers. Was unable to copy the 10gb files to USB sticks so tried using 7zip to span to zip files sized for DVDs (4.5gb each). Still can’t copy to USB! Will try again later to span to CD-sized zip files

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Managed to get hold of the segment I wanted off cyclingtorrents.nl . Just have to wait 30 days before I can get the HD version, but I’ll live.
    Nice long panning shot over the roundabout, and you can hear my whistling in the background. Happy man 😀
    Thanks all.

nbt

Got the files at work – trying to sort out some hosting for 20gb worth of mutliple file zipped archives

Drac

I have a suggestion. 😀

nbt

YHM

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

If you could put the recordings onto a drop box folder those without such clever tech would be able to watch them?

Drac

You only need to download VLC and the file the computer will sort all the magic out.

nbt

My drop box account only has 4.5gb space! I zipped these using 7zip which is free and quick to install.

chris_db
    Free Member

I have both days on my Sky+ anyone know how to extract them?

nbt

Can’t be done from a Sky box as far as I’m aware – they have custom encryption that hasn’t been cracked

woody2000

Big thanks to NBT and Teamslug for helping me get the coverage, much appreciated chaps!

I caught sight of myself in Otley, a little bald blur as the peloton whizzed by 🙂

Where I was on Sun they cut to an ad break just before they arrived, and cut back just as they had gone past! Bloomin’ ITV! 🙂

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘TDF – Anyone got Stage 1 & 2 recorded and can chuck it on a DVD?’ is closed to new replies.