• This topic has 27 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Chew.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • TDF
  • trevron73
    Free Member

Saw my first ever proper real life TDF team car yesterday , i felt like a child wool wool saxo tinkoff , i had to shout “tap,tap,tap ” at them for no reason other than excitement ?

Jamie
    Free Member

i felt like a child wool wool saxo tinkoff

Eh?

trevron73
    Free Member

Meant to say Woop Woop , i was shouting like they were climbing the Alps de Huez – they were out side Maplins stuck in traffic -what a loser i am ha ha 😳

unklehomered
    Free Member

I got quite stupid excited about seeing team sky last month. I can only assume I will actually burst on Saturday.

sandwicheater

You’re not the only one. Spotted KTM team vehicle yesterday and let out a ‘wooooooo’.

STL

Snap! Saw the Orica Greenedge car with all the bikes on top on its way into harrogate last night! They are even my fav team and I was bouncing in the car!
    STL.

martinhutch

That’s all you need when you’ve run out of puff on Buttertubs, getting passed by Sir Chris sitting and spinning and a camera crew. 🙂

martinhutch

The camera helicopter just went over my house rehearsing the route into Skipton. Ok, getting excited now!

dave_h
    Free Member

I saw a whole TdF squad out training on Langsett last night.

Shame it was Netapp-Endura

mrchrispy

I think I may crap my pants at some point this weekend!!!!

spawnofyorkshire

Shame it was Netapp-Endura

Plucky part-brit underdog team… you should be cheering them on loudest!

MrNice
    Free Member

a month or so ago I saw a Sky car (no riders) out in the white peak. Hope they weren’t on a reccy since it’s nowhere near the route.

spawnofyorkshire

my office is very near to millennium square in leeds so there’s team cars and commisaires all over the place

Really want to see Lotto-Belisols bikes now as this Ridley Helium looks awesome
    http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/ridleys-new-retro-paint-scheme-for-lotto-belisol-41605/

fubar
    Free Member

you should be cheering them on loudest!

Nah, I can’t see one Brit rider there. Orica-GreenEdge for me as they have the one and only english rider of the tour in Simon Yates.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I work in Harrogate, the Cofidis team have taken over the hotel I drive past.

Saw a couple of Sky riders in Otley 2 nights ago. The Sky Team are shacked up at the poshes hotel in the area just outside Harrogate.

Loads of Police motorbikes (probably over 50!) and vehicles just went past my work, I assume pre riding the course.

Lifer
    Free Member

spawnofyorkshire – Member
    Really want to see Lotto-Belisols bikes now as this Ridley Helium looks awesome

Yeah the custom painted Ridleys are gorgeous

spawnofyorkshire

I’ve been noting that anyone driving a skoda team / official tdf car has obviously been on the same driving course as the skoda taxi drivers in leeds. Lots of bad driving while on the phone, pulling up wherever they like and general confused glances at roadsigns

ads678

Past one of the BMC guys last night (i was in the car), wasn’t sure it was actually a TDF rider but the missus has just text me to say Movistar and BMC are staying at the Oulton Hall hotel near where i live, and I have to ride past there on my way home this evening, getting excited now!

rOcKeTdOg

Will the Orica bus get stuck under anything this year?

rOcKeTdOg

That first Ridley has my heart all of a flutter!

Lifer
    Free Member

One of the nicest looking crabon bikes I’ve seen

Macavity
    Free Member
    bearnecessities

😀 @ mrchrispy.

hjghg5
    Free Member

Cav has just arrived outside my office 🙂

faustus

If it was Saxo-Tinkoff then they were probably heading to Subway to pick up Contador’s meat sandwich! 😉

Chew
    Free Member

Will the Orica bus get stuck under anything this year?

No, but the Fire Engine was stuck under finish gantry in Otley last night for the road race 😳

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘TDF’ is closed to new replies.