Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • TDF 2016?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

I do so hope this is authentic! Stage finish and start in Avoriaz and Morzine. Might have to take the kids out of school early 😉

Tour de France 2016 – Rumoured Route

Sandwich

If you take them out of school you may get sent down.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Stoner
    Free Member

Bit of an update from the horse’s groom’s mouth, while out in Morzine this week I chanced upon a meeting with one of the guys in the local cycling club. He said that they had submitted two proposals for July 21st 2016 to TdF, a 120km day and a 140km day. The shorter to finish in Morzine, the longer in Avoriaz. They are waiting to hear which one TdF will go for, but he said it’s def 21st July @ Morzine.

He also mentioned that the Mayor or Chairman or whatever of Chatel had been lobbying hard for a depart for the first time from his town, so who knows!

I will most definitely be heading down there for the tour. Jr’s summer term ends on the 22nd. Might have to pull a fast one 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

woohoo, Morzine finish confirmed for Tdf2016!

but not up to avoriaz.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Awesome; which way do they go to Morzine? Up the Joux Plan?

Stoner
    Free Member

Id like to think they will go over CdJP

Interesting that it wont be a mountain finish before paris though 🙂

(assuming of course they actually do finish in Morzine town centre and not at the top of the CdJP, but that would be weird)

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

It’d certainly make for an interesting finish if they have to descend the Joux Plan down into Morzine. Not the best descent in the Alps, that’s for sure!

lemonysam
    Free Member

That Bourg-Pont d’Arc time trial will be stunning!

toppers3933
    Free Member

I recon that the road decent from the cdjp into Morzine is a cracker. Fast as you like with some good bends to get the old bum hole twitching. 😀

It would leave a weird finish though. Neither a climb (of any note anyway) nor a flat sprint.

crazy-legs

I recon that the road decent from the cdjp into Morzine is a cracker. Fast as you like with some good bends to get the old bum hole twitching.

It would leave a weird finish though. Neither a climb (of any note anyway) nor a flat sprint.

They’ve had finishes in Morzine town centre before. Virenque won one year with a lone breakaway and some descending that at the time looked amazing but compared to Sagan was probably quite pedestrian.

Famously, Floyd Landis won in Morzine on that epic drug-fuelled lone breakaway after he’d blown up catastrophically the previous day. Same sort of stage, lots of big mountains followed by a big descent from CdJP to the finish.
    That’s the usual route in that they use.

NigE5
    Free Member

Megeve to Morzine for the Etape.
    Can i get fit enough to do this, I will be 59 next year

peteimpreza

“Can i get fit enough to do this, I will be 59 next year “

yes , go for it!!

Stoner
    Free Member

confirmation from the profile.

Im guessing the little uptick is the climb up from the church, up Rue de Bourg and finishing in the Tourism Office square….

hmmm, although that would mean coming off the CdJP descent, then taking a tight switch back under the road at the roundabout and down to the river….sketchy! 🙂

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Disappointed no cobbles, praying for a lot of crosswinds!!!

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

2016 Etape du Tour Route Preview – Sportive.com

So I’ve just seen this and now bricking it. 😯

nickjb
    Free Member

hmmm, although that would mean coming off the CdJP descent, then taking a tight switch back under the road at the roundabout and down to the river….sketchy

That’s the route the Tour de L’Avenir has taken when we’ve been in town. Would love to back in this chalet for the Tour

manton69

I rode most of this a couple of month ago and loved it as a big day out. It was painful but I had such a stupid grin on my face that it was really worth it.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘TDF 2016?’ is closed to new replies.