Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • TBC/STW Ride this week, sponsored by The Cask And Barrell, your new local boozer
  • ojom
    Free Member

After last week's 6 pinter and Jimmy telling us all what he wanted to do to us in the toilets of the pub we think it best that we go out on the bikes again to get it out of his system.

So radsters – what's it to be this week?

Away game OR sludgetasticness on the hills of the 'Burgh wearing our trail erosion sensible trails only hats.

STOP PRESS – MAY OR MAY NOT (DEPENDING ON RISK ASSESSMENT FORMS BEING SUBMITTED) WEAR HIS NEW GIRO XEN!!! This is essential viewing – there will be a seminar held after the ride on the merits of the Xen for those who wish to attend. Strictly limited places so apply now for your ticket to avoid any possible sense of FAIL.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I'm working 🙁

stanfree
    Free Member

Im away camping at Loch long , so It's a no from me.

13thfloormonk

Camping, or exploring the new bothy? 😉

Hopefully I'll be able to make a local ride, trying to regain the love after several weekends on the road bike or hiking…

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i might be up for this one – woop! finish work at 6.30 so a sprint to bonaly store for 7?

just need to figure out what to do with my tyre rubbing on my frame :/

jimmy

It would take more than 6 pints for me to tell you that. Heh, who spiked my beer?

Debaser – I have your light. If you need it sooner rather than later I can leave it at TBC?? (Thanks for loan of it btw)

debaser

I'm up for this one. Will the new sponsor be providing 'energy drinks' for the ride?

Happy with a home or away trip and could provide transport for a few bodies/bikes if we went for the latter option.

Jimmy – No worries about the light I'll get it on Wednesday if you're out.

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Saving mesen for Tweedlove on Sat.

ojom
    Free Member

We is thinking away trip.

Pentlands will be a quagmire and my Yeti 4x is built up at the mo ready for a spot of fun.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

if it's an away game i'm out 🙁 nevermind!

ojom
    Free Member

Not necessarily – where do you work? we could arrange collection of you,

TheFlyingOx

I wouldn't mind a ride out, see what the Pentlands have to offer, but I'm out if it's away from Edinburgh as my car is currently dying a death.

Kit
    Free Member

Pentlands will be a quagmire

So you'd think, but was up there yesterday and I was surprised how dry it is, actually! Some of the peaty bits that rarely dry out were wet, sure, but Maiden's was still loose as hell 🙂

Northwind

Where do you fancy TBC?

jimmy

Despite my insistence in the pub that we do Brian Clough, the forecast is garbage so it would be best kept for a sunny evening ride IMO.

If only I had a neat solution to get warm and changed into dry gear in my car at the in end of a wet, windy ride…

ojom
    Free Member

well Jimmy as luck would have it we are now stockists of a device that will fit your wishes.
    Call me sometime. All the time.

druidh
    Free Member

I'm happy to rock up with the Uglipla. That means transport for me and 3 others (in exchange for parking/petrol moneys).

Book yer places now.

ojom
    Free Member

Me!

MrKmkII
    Free Member

thanks for the offer TBC. i think it's pentlands or nothing for me – i'll be working in a kitchen on a 9 hour shift til 6.30 and i really need to see if i'm not too knackered then! seems harsh someone coming to get me just for me to cancel. but if i get a wednesday off then a lift would be graciously received! 🙂

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

where ya thinking of heading wee fella? away would be good for a change!

druidh
    Free Member

Likely be GT.

Thought we should support the Tweedlove festival and it's also weatherproof…

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

I'd much appreciate a lift if there are any still available.

TheFlyingOx

Where is the meeting place for this, and what time?
    I reckon I could squeeze 1 + bike if needs be, as long as you're not bothered about having your bike lashed to the back of a 17-year old MX5…

ojom
    Free Member

Ox – at the shoppe – 30 Rodney Street, EH7 4EA.

We meet there then load up into various cars etc.

scousemand
    Free Member

I'd be up for it if someone fancies pushing me up hill, buggered my knee at glentress on Sunday 🙁

ojom
    Free Member

I might be pushing the Yeti up anyway so i will walk with you.

scousemand
    Free Member

I'll be there then

ojom
    Free Member

Looking fwd to it walking buddy

jimmy

If its GT ill try and make it. Can bring my motor wheels if needed, . Space for 2 if this is the case. will check back in the morning.

TheFlyingOx

I'm there then. I can take the car if needs be, but would be more open to cadging a lift if that's OK. Anyone willing to put up with me in return for petrol/car park/beer tokens?

Northwind

Should be there too, any idea what time you'll be getting down to GT?

In theory I might be able to give one lift from the west side of Edinburgh if anyone's short of wheels, but that's going to depend on the timing so might not work out.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Tweedlove festival is next week with a ride out from 7 and the trailfairies are setting up a dual slalom from 6. Demo rides avaliable too. Those are on the Wed night by the way just in case you hadn't worked it out.

druidh
    Free Member

GT likely at 7:15 – 7:30??

Drivers/lift requirers should turn up at the shop at 18:00 and we can sort it out form there.

Might be an idea to bring lights in case of any faff/hold ups?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I'm going to try and make it but been feeling a bit under the weather possibly due to working under the weather. Will you be parking at the bottom car park or further up?

druidh
    Free Member

Bottom car park = maximum climbing effort

Northwind

Cool cool, I'll be there around 7.15-ish, meet you there.

jimmy

Not coming tonight, too much shizzle to sort out and a fizzle to clizzle ma nizzles

debaser

Not coming tonight, too much shizzle to sort out and a fizzle to clizzle ma nizzles

It's really the drizzle, innit?

ojom
    Free Member

Jimmy -do i have to come round there and drag your sorry arse out?

coastkid
    Free Member

i wont make this,done my bit out in the rain today (kind of) working then cycle home in the hissing rain!,feet up in front of log fire tonight and some cider for me, have fun and see you next time 😮

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘TBC/STW Ride this week, sponsored by The Cask And Barrell, your new local boozer’ is closed to new replies.