Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • TBC/Hervelo/STW(?) Etape Caledonia Recce ride
  • druidh
    Free Member

TBC and Hervelo are planning a Etape Caledonia recce ride on Sunday 3rd April. Thought I’d throw it open to any STW roadie types in the area who fancy a bit of company.

Plans are pretty fluid at the moment, but depending upon numbers/conditions, we might do a slow/short group (80km missing out the Loch Rannoch and Fortingall loops) and a fast/long group (probably just miss out Fortingall). Fast in this context would likely be in the 20-25kph area.

Post here and email me if you are interested and I’ll bump this a couple of time nearer the date as a reminder

13thfloormonk

Interested but unsure what I’m doing at the time, will check.

Need to get some practice in riding with a group, instead of my usual wild veering and sudden brake checking.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

That sounds like a good day out. I’m in.

geoffj

Sounds like it could be fun, but I’ll be at my spring ‘training camp’ in Mallorca :mrgreen:

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Can I use mountainbike / tandem? Or can someone lend me some 700c wheels for my old roadbike?

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Im in but you know that already 🙂

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I’m up for that, been meaning to ride that route for a while.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I might well be up for this.

Question is will SFB take to tarmac to extend his national picture database of girls’ backsides?

druidh
    Free Member
    13thfloormonk

I’m going to try and make a weekend of this, for anyone who’s interested, starting from Aviemore on Saturday morning and riding to Pitlochry. It’s 100mile with some big hills so I’ll be taking it easy on the flats!

I’ve got my finger on the button for a train ticket back unless anyone has space in a car?

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Are you feeling optimistic about it being shorts and tshirt weather, using a photo of you to advertise the ride? 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

100 miles of the A9 on a road bike ❓

Kit
    Free Member

Even if I was able to ride a bike, I still wouldn’t have been able to go. Hope the weather stays as it has been this week!

swiss01
    Free Member

i definitely can’t go but if the weather’s anything like it was today you should ahve a fine time

cynic-al
    Free Member

dirtygirlonabike – Member
    Are you feeling optimistic about it being shorts and tshirt weather, using a photo of you to advertise the ride?

ARGH 😮 *realises what picture she means*

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

This sounds mildly appealing actually, not ridden a road bike for about 10 years. If I can nick a bike from somewhere i’ll let you know.

druidh
    Free Member

13thfloormonk – Member

I’ve got my finger on the button for a train ticket back unless anyone has space in a car?Still space in the van. Do you want to reserve a seat?

You can have Als when he has THE FAKES (again)

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I might be up for this too if Stuartie-C’s Fife ride is off.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

The kinross one is now the 9th, or 10th if weather is bad.

ojom
    Free Member

Might come… i need to get clearance…

The Surly should do this nicely/

cynic-al
    Free Member

I was never going druid, it was a hilarious wind up.

13thfloormonk

Thanks Druidh, a return train ticket only cost an extra £6, so I’ll leave the space for someone else, if its still spare come Sunday I’ll jump in.

100 miles of the A9 on a road bike

0 miles of the A9, I found some trivial minor roads past some ski centres instead 😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

heh 😀 sounds good, shame I’m not around.

13thfloormonk

Al I’ve been meaning to ping you about some longer CX rides, Fife Coastal etc. I’ll start a new thread.

ojom
    Free Member

Ok – confirmed as IN.

Might just go on the R838….

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Might just go on the R838….

Please do, would love to see one in the flesh 😮

jimmy

*has no idea what an R838 is*

ooohhhhhhh sweeeeeeeetttttt.

ojom
    Free Member

my legs are weak after sitting drinking beer for 8 weeks (it was essential physio i tell you!!!)

It might help…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Do that 13FM but mebbies leave it to June as I’m marathon training till Edi mara and then some ATGNI is getting hitched the week after that.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Tbc, too weak legs to make it to the pub tonight? We came 2nd – no thanks to me! 8)

Fife Coastal is nice, did a lot of it last year.

druidh
    Free Member

Ok – cynic-al has the fakes….

….again.

But who else is up for it?

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=179468842098869

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Does one need lycra and a skinny tyred bike with funny handlebars?

waveydavey
    Free Member

Weather forecast isn’t good at the moment but count me in.

13thfloormonk

I saw that forecast too, heavy persistant showers and 17mph headwinds over the Lecht on Saturday 😡

ojom
    Free Member

It rained for the first 30 miles last year… it soon dried out after though.

julesf7
    Free Member

TBC, it only rained for the first 30 miles last year if you can cycle fast and were starting early… the laggards of us enjoyed a dry, albeit nippy, start 🙂

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Got a bike sorted now, where’s the start?
    Not sure if I make it as I might have to work over the weekend but i’ll confirm closer to the time.

druidh
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Does one need lycra and a skinny tyred bike with funny handlebars?

Hey – if you can keep up with the group, you’re welcome along.

druidh
    Free Member

PaulGillespie – Member
    Got a bike sorted now, where’s the start?
    Not sure if I make it as I might have to work over the weekend but i’ll confirm closer to the time.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=179468842098869

Car park, Atholl Road, Pitlochry. 10:00 start.

kennyp
    Free Member

Would love to, but already doing a Kinross recce ride on the Saturday and don’t have the brownie points for Sunday too.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘TBC/Hervelo/STW(?) Etape Caledonia Recce ride’ is closed to new replies.