Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • TBC Pentlands Wednesday eve – how about an away trip?
  • AntM
    Free Member

I’m available to get out this Wednesday. Does anybody fancy an away trip to Inners?

13thfloormonk

I want to get out but will leave it till the day to decide, pretty ill at the weekend and want to shake it off before a week camping in the highlands next week!

Plus the last ‘away day’ didn’t end too well for me 8)

jimmy

I’ll be schwimming up Pentlandia but riding there and back.

And for legal interest, TBC have nothing to do with these rides any more… *nudge nudge*

13thfloormonk

I think it stands for ‘To be confirmed’ now jimmy 8)

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i have no means for getting to inners! but i’m definitely up for a cycle with people on wednesday (inners or pentlands fine by me!)

bigjim

if its not too wet i’d be up for a Pentlands ride

debaser

I’m up for the Pentlands or beyond…

Have transport for two others and their bikes if folk are up for a trip to the Borders. Would be easiest for me to leave from Newington/Meadows area but quite happy to pick folk up from elsewhere if necessary.

Happy to ride in the Pentlands as long as it doesn’t entail getting as wet as Jimmy will be 🙂

Will keep an eye on this thread to see if some kind of plan formulates.

onehundredthidiot

Tempted but dunno if dog’ll handle Inners. He’s happy round GT red but…

Also it’d need all participants to not mind a dog coming to play, including.

I too will keep a weather eye on this thread. room for bikes and 1 passenger.

13thfloormonk

Ah, Jimmy is ACTUALLY swimming? I thought that was a euphemism for riding in the mud..

I’m still thinking Pentlands, might also make it a short one. Would be up for an away day to Stirling late June/early July though, want to have a looksee at some more of the trails around there…

Kit
    Free Member

I’ll be out in the Pentlands tomorrow, leaving town about 5-ish if anyone wants to join me.

stevemtb
    Free Member

Fairly sure I’ll be riding tomorrow night. Not bothered if it’s Pentlands or Inners. Got room for one or two more in the car with bikes if it’s the Inners option.

grantmccall63
    Free Member

Think there is a chance I’ll make it out tomorrow. Inners or Pentlands fine with me. I have room for people and bikes (Gilmore Place) , will keep an eye on developments…..cheers.

ojom
    Free Member

I would be out but I am in Florence.

It’s warm here and the birra is cold!

bigjim

Would be up for an away day to Stirling late June/early July though, want to have a looksee at some more of the trails around there

A mate at work is ex stirling and knows the trails there well, he’s coming back from injury though but I might be able to get him to lead some time. I’ve been through once and was pretty impressed.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i’m aiming to be at cargo for 6.30pm. there’s a chance i’ll not make it as i feel a tiny bit iffy, so don’t wait around! will others be around?

13thfloormonk

I’ll aim for 6.30 Cargo as well MrK, depends if I get back from work in time though, so likewise, don’t wait around!

robgarrioch

Cannae this week, again, but quite possibly be along for the next 2, fingers x’d…

I am in Florence

Hurr-hurrr

debaser

Left the car at home (couldn’t be bothered with the hassle of driving) and came into town on the MTB so I’ll probably be out in the Pentlands tonight.

Happy to join anyone who’s still planning on heading to Innerleithen/Glentress though. Will share fuel costs and don’t mind dogs coming along if that’s the case.

Looking forward to escaping fae work, wherever I end up riding.

stevemtb
    Free Member

So, whose going to make the call on where the ride is headed?

I’m feeling pretty lazy just now sat at work so not sure what I can be bothered doing. Will see how the commute home goes, might just chuck the bike in the car and head down for a look at the Glentress 7 route for Saturday.

Now I’ve got no idea at all what to do!

debaser

Not the most decisive thread is it 😐

Will be happy as long as I get out riding somewhere, both wheels leave the ground at some point and I don’t crash into any too many trees.

I blame AntM for coming up with the away game idea and then vanishing…

bigjim

I’m going to go for a possibly slightly muddy Pentlands mooch, was at GT on sunday so done trail centre riding for a bit.

hels
    Free Member

If you fancy a guided away trip, I would be happy to show you around Inners, some of the cool stuff we have used in races.

Just give me some notice, which roughly translates as enough time to fix the transmission on the midget Santa Cruz.

Maybe next week ??

(p.s Glentress 7 route not marked out until friday night)

AntM
    Free Member

I’ve not disappeared! I’ve being hanging back for some consensus – alas there doesn’t seem to be much!! I’m off to Inners to ride round some of the stages of the Enduro. I’m leaving Edinburgh at 6.30 , anyone fancy a lift shout out, I’m in Trinity so I’m passing through thecentre of town and then going over the bridges and Newington etc

Debased – there will be lots of trees … 🙂

debaser

hanging back for some consensus

That’s never going to happen on here is it 🙂

Ant, if you have room for me and a bike can I cadge a lift down to Innerleithen?

AntM
    Free Member

Lift duly cadged. Where do you want picking up from?

debaser

Thanks Ant. How about the loading bay outside the Kings Hall, just after the Blockbuster, on South Clerk Street? It’s here on google streetmap (just after the volvo in the bus stop on the left)

Will be there from half six. What are you driving?

AntM
    Free Member

blue Kangoo 4×4

ive sent you my mobile no via your email in your profile

debaser

happy cycling folks, maybe see some of you at innerleithen or another time in the pentlands.

hels – might be tempted by that offer of guiding sometime soon, I don’t know much of the unwaymarked stuff around innerleithen/glentress and fancy bribing someone with cake/beer for a wee tour of the ‘secret’ bits.

Northwind

I’m out for this week, and next week’s tweedlove so there’s Stuff Happening already but it seems like ages since we had an official midweek borders raid.

stevemtb
    Free Member

Sorry guys, I completely bottled it last night. Got soaked on the way home from work so that was one set of gear in the washine machine. Couldn’t be bothered getting soaked again!!

Really need to MTFU I think….

AntM
    Free Member

Well Debaser and myself had a great and dry (just a wee bit of drizzle) ride at Inners. Debaser has a minor bike/tree stump interface on the Gold run but apart from that no dramas!

13thfloormonk

Yeah, sorry guys, long day testing gas pipework in Kirkcaldy, didn’t get back until 6:30 so missed this one. Will be back in a fortnight…

bigjim

There were two of us chaps and 14 hervelos, good ride, bit cold!

13thfloormonk

How do Hervelo manage it?

Is it because they’re just plain more hardcore than the STW guys, or is their wednesday ride just a pre-arranged thing that doesn’t need to be laboriously planned every tuesday night on the forum? 8)

Maybe we need to form some sort of FB group with two or three ‘leaders’ that will promise between them to always be at Bonaley at 7, then a bigger more regular ride might coalesce around them. I’ll put my name in the ring as one ‘organiser’ but unfortunately the vagaries of work and site visits mean I can’t always promise to make wednesday nights, got anyone else willing to volunteer?

bigjim

Yeah basically their wednesday rides are always a definite unless called off on their website/facebook page, instead of our man style shambolic last minute will we won’t we based around an internet forum thread hopefully appearing!

Maybe we should start a club too…

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

They clearly don’t have jobs, kept women. got a man that keeps their bike running sweet etc. or maybe they just spend less time on the web talking about riding.

13thfloormonk

Might just buy a wig and put some balloons up my top, its bound to fool them. I notice Mustard is racing for Hervelo now, must be his flowing ginger locks! 😆

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I’ve been training mustard to be my domestique, and plan to sit on his wheel in races and go for the (women’s) podium that way 8)

There’s three blokes in the hervelos so far (druidh and philip too). It’d be great to expand the road race section as there’s currently not enough of us road racing to have a proper team/bunch/practise riding in a big group and we get tortured by the other teams as a result 😥

druidh
    Free Member

That’s Herrvelos……….

mustard
    Free Member

13fm – that’s winter blonde to you! 😉 and come join us, I need more people to get in on the kit order to get it up to the minimum quantity so I can get my jersey 🙂 No baloons required!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘TBC Pentlands Wednesday eve – how about an away trip?’ is closed to new replies.