• This topic has 89 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by fisha.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • Tazers – Stun guns..
  • elzorillo
    Free Member

Have they become more acceptable in society of late?

Judging by the local rag.. You only seem to get fined about £80 if caught with one.. and the Poles are selling them by the bucket load for £100 a pop.

scotroutes

Meh.

Doesn’t even rhyme.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m not sure I’m part of the same society they thinks they’re acceptable.

I’m not into that sort of thing, but if I was I wouldn’t fancy being caught with one, I think the max penalty is 10 years and an unlimited fine, it would be just my luck to be the one they make an example of.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

What, all the Poles are selling them? I thought they were too busy nicking our jobs. 🙄

bencooper
    Free Member
    jimjam
    Free Member

They are classed as firearms aren’t they?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Apparently, it’s “not cool” to use them on your kids.

I want my £100 back.

elzorillo
    Free Member

For those of a sensitive nature.. I suppose I should clarify (although it shouldnt be necessary to anyone with a brain) that not ALL the poles are selling them.. just some of the Poles I know.

jimjam
    Free Member

elzorillo – Member

For those of a sensitive nature.. I suppose I should clarify (although it shouldnt be necessary to anyone with a brain) that not ALL the poles are selling them.. just some of the Poles I know.

Email me the details please. I think I should be allowed one.

wiggles
    Free Member

Judging by the local rag…the Poles are…

🙄

elzorillo
    Free Member

Judging by the local rag…the Poles are..

It’s not a local rag story.. I know the blokes selling them.. and have seen a couple of people recently fined for having them in the local paper.. What the hell is it with this page and all the cynical idiots?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Apparently, it’s “not cool” to use them on your kids.

I want my £100 back.

I clearly stated returns would not be accepted.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I clearly stated returns would not be accepted.

Let’s see you try and stop me when you’re convulsing on the pavement and I’m dipping your wallet 😀

thegreatape
    Free Member

There’s nothing in my wallet apart from photos of my children where the money used to be.

perchypanther
    Free Member

There’s nothing in my wallet apart from photos of my children where the money used to be.

The thieving little monkeys!

You should taser them.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You only seem to get fined about £80 if caught with one.. and the Poles are selling them by the bucket load for £100 a pop

Its classes as a firearm in the UK so either you or the local rag is wrong
    the wording is also open to a charge of racism

Judging by the local rag.

[quote]It’s not a local rag story..[/quote]

What the hell is it with this page and all the cynical idiots?

Your posts dont make sense* and then you call us cynical

* i was being kind at least one of them is a lie

wwaswas

It’s not a local rag story.

name of paper?

elzorillo
    Free Member

Racism? 🙄 You’re obsessed. I said above.. I KNOW the Polish blokes selling them. The paper simply reported people fined for possessing them.

(I made an error though.. it was actually £85 fine)

funkmasterp

Clearly the people getting fined are a bit daft. Just use the taser on the person trying to fine you, duh 🙄

bikebouy
    Free Member

Where do you live OP?

So I don’t go there, obvz..

It’s not clear what you are asking? Are they acceptable? That’s a clear statement yes.. and the answer is obviously No it’s not acceptable..
    So I’d suggest by not reporting the Poles you know who are selling them, that you are by association involved and could face exactly the same offence as your mates “the Poles”

So, wind this back up and simply report them to Plod who will deal with the obvious offence of obtaining firearms with the intention to use them..

Bye.

Here is a bit of Law for you, it’s simple to read and therefore easy to be clear on the subject of Tazers..
    Ask the Police – Tazers

ads678

elzorillo – Have you thought about reporting these people you KNOW that are selling firearms, or are you one of the members of society that are finding them more acceptable of late?

Edit: What he said ^^

elzorillo
    Free Member

Ignoring the oddballs above who call every poster they dont agree with either a Racist or a Liar..

The point I was making, was that the courts seem to be handing out quite punitive penalties in my area at the moment for possession of a tazer and my question was simply ‘Are they becoming more acceptable?’

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Tasers are the ones the shoot barbs onto what ever your pointing the thing at and will make them convulse on the ground. It’s also a specific brand not a generic term.

Stun guns on the other hand are not actually guns and will give you a shock while the thing is pressed into you but not anything like a real Taser.

I’d guess your Polish guy is selling the latter and that would likely be consistent with the small fine.

thegreatape
    Free Member

You should taser them.

I would, but I sold my best taser to a bloke on the internet.

jimjam
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member

So, wind this back up and simply report them to Plod who will deal with the obvious offence of obtaining firearms with the intention to use them..

Hopefully the police will go and tazer them.

elzorillo
    Free Member

The sellers arent mates as such, just people I vaguely know who visit they gym selling their wares. The tazers/stun guns are the ones you press against the person and zap.. the papers reported them as ‘Tazers’.

fisha
    Free Member

Even stun guns are classed as prohibited firearms as they “discharge” electricity.

They carry a minimum 5 year sentence.

I personally know of a stun gun made to look like a mobile phone which zapped when button was pressed got its owner that minimum 5 years sentence.

nealglover
    Free Member

my question was simply ‘Are they becoming more acceptable?’

You haven’t reported it to the police even though you know where they are being sold and by who.

So, apparently yes.

Would you have reported it if they were selling guns at the gym ?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’m not calling you a liar mate, but take your original post and substitute darkies, Jews or Pakistanis for Poles and see how that reads. The defining factor of the sales people is the dodgy dealing they are doing. Not their nationality. None of the Poles I know in my area are selling such things. The fact you link them all together under their nationality is not a good thing.

jimjam
    Free Member

eddiebaby – Member

I’m not calling you a liar mate, but take your original post and substitute darkies, Jews or Pakistanis for Poles and see how that reads.

Curious, if he substitutes Pole with Scottish, Russian or Israeli does that read as racist?

maccruiskeen

For those of a sensitive nature..

… you can turn the voltage down from ‘Stun’ to ‘Bemuse’. But for the more adventurous wire two stun guns together for ‘Absolutely ****ing Astounded’

TrekEX8
    Free Member

Little known fact (thank you The Chase…), is that it’s really called a TASER, Thomas A Swift’s Electric Rifle.

funkmasterp

The sellers arent mates as such, just people I vaguely know who visit they gym selling their wares.

Next time you see them squirt pepper spray in their eyes and then shop them to the police whilst they roll around screaming “my eyes, my eyes, it burns” the police will confiscate the tasers and you’ll be a local hero.

maccruiskeen

Well. Not a stun gun, but I’ve just unboxed the nail gun that just arrived in the post – and to my surprise (I’m stunned even) ….. its got a built in pencil sharpener!

Bet the poles didn’t think of that.

wicki
    Free Member

Remember not to call any one a “Brit” 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Meh.

Doesn’t even rhyme.

You are Max Headroom AICMFP.

elzorillo
    Free Member

Some peoples sensitivity to me mentioning the nationality of the people doing the selling is of absolutely no concern to me.. If it was a group of chinese, asians, gordies, women, one eyed pirates with parrots on their **** shoulder, whatever.. I would call them such.. Thankfully outside the bubble of this forum, most people wouldnt care less that I mentioned the thing that most defines them as a group. The main theme of the OP was the punitive fines for possession being handed out which surprised me.

chip
    Free Member

Every young polish labourer I met through work except one was up to no good of some sort,
    Selling cheap cigarettes, shop lifting, stealing money from work colleagues. Stealing tools from site. Stealing cds from site, stealing phones.one was involved in prostitution.
    They all were really nice friendly sociable people to your face. But would do whatever they could to make ends meet. That said I have not met all polish people.

I did used to know a guy who sold stun guns many years ago but he was Filipino.

Also I have met plenty of white English crooks too.
    I would have loved to have been a policeman but I would have had to arrest half the people I grew up with and I have seen the inside of a police cell a few times.

maccruiskeen

I would have loved to have been a policeman but I would have had to arrest half the people I grew up with.

Sounds like you’d be on the fast track to a promotion 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Every young polish labourer I met through work except one was up to no good of some sort,
    Selling cheap cigarettes, shop lifting, stealing money from work colleagues. Stealing tools from site. Stealing cds from site, stealing phones.one was involved in prostitution.

Hmmm. After 16 years in HMPS I can only actually remember knowing of 2 Polish prisoners.
    100′ & 100’s of Pakistanis though, & even more white British people!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Tazers – Stun guns..’ is closed to new replies.