Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Taylor Phinney's legs ( not for the squeamish )
  • trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Ow ow ow 😯

So, remember kids, hitting road barriers at speed is bad, m’kay.

Good interview here http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/interviews/pez-talk-taylor-phinney-2/#.VK-t1iusXh4

nemesis
    Free Member

Proper scars, those… Good to see him back.

rickmeister

Are those funny lines, stickers ?

Speshpaul

As i once heard someone say, ” road bikers, totally gay!”

TiRed

Great that he is back. You might notice that his knees are no longer symmetric. Those injuries in full:

There have been a lot of rumours that I have seen, at least from Twitter, about what the extent of my injuries were. I just thought I’d clear that up quickly.

I had a compound fracture to my tibia, just my tibia. It was a clean break. Basically in surgery they just inserted a nail to keep it in place, put it back together. It was a simple procedure. So I have a nail in my tibia and a couple of screws screwing my tibia back to my fibula.

The other thing was that I severed my patellar tendon in the crash, I think on impact with the guardrail. Ironically, in surgery they would have had to sever that tendon in order to put the nail into my tibia anyways.

So along with that severed patellar tendon I did cut off about a centimetre of my patella that I am not planning on getting back any time soon.

Doctors are always joking that I have overly large patellas anyway. At least my left one is the normal size now!

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Jesus wept, just read that article. Didn’t know that the accident had been directly caused by a Moto rider, and there hasn’t been a direct apology. Absolutely disgraceful behavior. WT actual F 😡

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Taylor Phinney's legs ( not for the squeamish )’ is closed to new replies.