Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tax rebate scam – a warning to NHS, Police, Fire Brigade members
  • OnlyHereForTheCake
    Free Member

Hello,

I don’t post often but a friend who works for the NHS has been caught out by the company below and I thought it worth a post in case anyone is considering claiming a Tax rebate from this company and they work for the NHS, Fire Brigade etc.

A leaflet was distributed to the hospital she works at and she duly filled it in and sent it off. The company then claims tax relief for you from the HMRC and is supposed to then send that money to you and take a fee. Of course they don’t, they keep the lot. In her case it was almost £1800 and going back a number of years.

This was over 6 months ago and all communication has been ignored.

The company is the The Professional Fees and Subscriptions Rebate Service Ltd, based in Manchester.

http://www.pfands.co.uk/

She’s contacted HMRC, she’s notified the ActionFraud team, Citizens Advice, WatchDog and has made contact with many others in the NHS who have fallen victim to this. The company had a FaceBook page though this has now been closed following some negative comments from other people who are also asking where their money is. She’s also now started a Small Claim’s Court action against the company.

They’re also regulated by the Ministry of Justice so she’s been in touch with them.

We’ve done a fair bit of digging in Companies House and have the name of the company owner and other companies he is linked to. All the companies are based in Manchester and in close proximity to one another.

If you have any family members or friends who are thinking of using a tax rebate company then please show them this post and warn them to read the small print very carefully. You can claim back your own tax from HMRC so there’s no need to use them.

Looking at the company accounts they have net assets of almost half a million quid so clearly it’s quite lucrative for them.

Cheers

jambalaya
    Free Member

Wow. Forwarded to friends

scud
    Free Member

I have sent this my wife and her colleagues at the hospital she works at, thanks

Drac

Nice one.

On a further note I rang the HMRC myself to update them with changes including items these companies claim for, it took 10 minute and my tax code was adjusted and rebated.

irc

The uniform tax rebate is well covered by Martin Lewis.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/uniform-tax-rebate

Another easy tax win is for couples where if one spouse or civil partner earns less £10’600 some of the tax allowance can be transferred. Dead easy and worth over £200 a year for me.

From 6 April, more than four million married couples and 15,000 civil partners who earn less than the £10,600 income tax personal allowance for 2015/16 will be able to transfer £1,060 of their allowance to their spouse, so long as the recipient doesn’t pay higher rate (40%) or additional rate (45%) tax.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/family/2015/02/couples-now-able-to-register-to-shift-unused-tax-allowance-between-spouses

In either case, no need to use claims firm parasites.

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Good heads-up, this was doing the rounds recently at our local hospital where my Wife works, nearly caught a lot of people out but thakfully the alarm bells were listened to in a lot of cases.

OnlyHereForTheCake
    Free Member

Looks like this guy has started up another Tax Rebate company in October of this year:

Tax Rebates 4 U

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/xTEdI86X2UnuzENM6_OCwrpbTbs/appointments

My friend has had contact from ActiveFraud. Apparently this guy turned up with a stall at Pinderfields Hospital looking all official and giving away leaflets. One staff member lost £2600 to this guy. FFS. The NHS staff are underpaid and under enough stress without predators like this stealing their money from them.

Guy’s name is Timothy Lovett.

OnlyHereForTheCake
    Free Member

*irc – thanks for those links. Very useful.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tax rebate scam – a warning to NHS, Police, Fire Brigade members’ is closed to new replies.