Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tax Payers Alliance in anti-cycle rant
  • noteeth
    Free Member

What an absurd article. Actually manages to out-fail The Daily Fail.

stumpyjon

Someone doesn’t like cyclists. Load of absolute wibble about speeding cyclists on roads, most cyclists don’t get above 30 in urban areas unlike most cars. Seems from what the author was saying the accident occured on the road, not exactly like the cyclist was somewhere he shouldn’t have been. Sounds like a rather sad incident being used by someone with a warped agenda.

ross980
    Free Member

The problem is that a new generation of bicycles made out of lightweight materials are capable of travelling at greater speeds than ever before and that means they can now be as lethal as cars when they hit pedestrians.

Silently charging down this slope, shielded by parked cars, and frequently ignoring the traffic lights, they pose a greater danger than cars to elderly residents as they cross the road

🙄 indeed.

Oh, and one of the comments:

I’ve just bought a 4×4 pickup, anyone fancy getting a few 12 bores and see if we can cull some of the two wheeled rodents? especially if they’re ginger.
    Seriously cyclists are the highest form of green living so are beyond reproach. If Adolph Hitler had ridden a mountain bike instead of driving around in an open top Merc, he would have been forgiven his sins
    Posted by: AdrianS | Wednesday, 03 November 2010 at 07:59 PM

Hmmm…

Northwind

Still, I suppose it’s a good thing that the Tax Payer’s Alliance aren’t even attempting to seem reasonable any more- they had a bit of a veneer of respectability for a while.

noteeth
    Free Member

I hate the way the TPA style themselves as some kind of Wat Tyler-esque rebellion of the peasants.

They sure as hell don’t speak for me.

bol

I think it’s time to start the Anti Taxpayers Aliance League. They’re like the BNP in a cravat.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Heh, same old same old.

CraigW
    Free Member

I think it’s time to start the Anti Taxpayers Aliance League. They’re like the BNP in a cravat.

There is The Other Tax Payers’ Alliance: http://www.taxpayersalliance.org/

Northwind

“I hate the way the TPA style themselves as some kind of Wat Tyler-esque rebellion of the peasants.”

I enthusiastically await the bit where Boris Johnson stabs them to death then.

Lifer
    Free Member

The ‘Other’ Tax Payer’s Alliance is pretty good:

Do the TPA still manage to get one of their people on the news at every opportunity? I always found that a bit weird.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tax Payers Alliance in anti-cycle rant’ is closed to new replies.