• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Marin.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • tax office
  • Marin
    Free Member

Is there an email address hidden on the site and what is it? I fear death before they answer the phone

boobs

To be fair, if they answer the phone the same could happen 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

They don’t seem to like email. Phone or letter. They give the best time to call various departments on the contact page. https://www.gov.uk/contact-hmrc

footflaps

Letter generally works best, although they took 10 weeks to reply to my last one!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Depends which department you want.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact

Likely you’ll get nowhere with email though.

Coyote
    Free Member

Dealing with HMRC? You have my deepest sympathies. Don’t get me wrong, the folk are nice eonugh but they are not the brightest.

My advice? Write letters and always put a deadline for response of 10 or 15 days from posting. It really seems to work.

chewkw
    Free Member

Is there a straightforward way of dealing with HMRC … 😯

jam-bo

Is there a straightforward way of dealing with HMRC ..

via your accountant?

johndoh
    Free Member

Does everyone that needs to speak to the HMRC have an accountant?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Recently I received two cheques from HMRC.

One for £34.62, related to a mispaid statutory redundancy when the company I was working at in 2001 went out of business. Yes, 2001. It took them that long to sort out a payment for that little. They may as well have just ignored it, I wouldn’t have cared!

Then, today I received another. For a very significantly larger amount, which was processed in about two weeks.

Go, as the ‘merkins say, figure.

jonba
    Free Member

They haven’t acknowledged my appeal against a late self assessment submission but they have sent me 6 threatening letters since. I did phone them, I think it took 60 minutes to get through.

chewkw
    Free Member

If small business can only speak to HMRC via accountant then we are screwed. Really. Screwed. 😯

johndoh
    Free Member

jonba – Member
    They haven’t acknowledged my appeal against a late self assessment submission but they have sent me 6 threatening letters since. I did phone them, I think it took 60 minutes to get through.
    POSTED 6 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

I had similar – they closed down my VAT account because of one returned letter (we had moved address and told them – letters were coming to the new address then reverted to the old one) so I couldn’t pay my VAT . After months of trying to make them understand I caved in and paid – the amount ‘owed’ wasn’t worth more and more of my time arguing over.

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP you need to knee which office deals with your region. Then it’s best to phone. To be fair to HMRC they have always been very easy to deal with for me and pretty fair. I suspect their working environment is pretty thankless and not well paid so we shouldn’t have unrealistic expectations

ourmaninthenorth
    Marin
    Free Member

Ta all. Found hidden email may even get a reply

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘tax office’ is closed to new replies.