Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tax increase the end of UK oil and gas industry?
  • benz
    Free Member

Recently increase in supplementary taxes resulting in some fields paying 81% tax.

I have a horrible feeling that large multi-nationals will simply start investing elsewhere in more stable fiscal regimes – to the detriment of the UK being able to benefit from some pretty challenging fields which may currently be going through investment analysis stage.

All to spare the UK consumer from £0.01 per litre of fuel….sadly same consumers who may wonder how much of the £6.50 per gallon of diesel goes as tax…

US cousins upset as they are currently paying just over $4 per USG….

Stoner
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13256597

Morecambe Bay produces about 6% of the UK’s annual gas requirements, or up to 12% of residential gas demand, according to Centrica.

The company says the tax increase means its North Morecambe field is now subject to a 62% tax rate and South Morecambe 81%.

druidh
    Free Member

If they stop extracting it now, they’ll be back later once the value of it increases (through shortages).

Futureboy
    Free Member

I work in the industry and i think there is a lot of posturing by the operators at the moment.
    It will have an impact with the smaller companies and marginal fields however, unless there is a u-turn.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My beer influenced state is looking forward to TJ arriving to tell us the TRUTH in FACTS!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tax increase the end of UK oil and gas industry?’ is closed to new replies.