Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tax discs on new cars?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Been driving a new company car for three weeks now and just noticed that there’s no tax disc on it. The particular car is nil rated, but doesn’t it still need a tax disc displaying that? At least until they disappear in October anyway?

ninfan
    Free Member

got a new car last month, and mine was posted out by DVLA after filling forms in at the Garage when I bought it – paperwork said that you had IIRC 14 days grace until it had to be displayed

Supect yours is somewhere between lease company/registered keeper and your head office?

LimboJimbo

It’s probably sitting on someones’s desk somewhere. You have 14 days grace after registration, after that it’s a £60 fixed penalty for failure to display, even if the car is legally taxed. The post office will issue a replacement if you have the logbook but if it’s a company car you probably need to be lighting a fire under your fleet manager to get it sorted.

wombat

This has happened to me a couple of times in the past. I found that an email to the Fleet Manager and my own Manager explaining that since my company vehicle wasn’t road legal I’d not be moving it off my drive until it could be legally taken on the road resulted in the disc arriving in the post in a day or so.

It’s strange how these things can cross in the post…. 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

Might have to take a pool car home tonight and save my fuel then.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tax discs on new cars?’ is closed to new replies.