Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Tattoos
  • logical
    Free Member

I was considering having the JMC tattoo on my fore arm. How much do Tattooists usually charge and how long would something like that take?

Never had one before.

Pieface

You can do it yourself with a needle and some Indian Ink, otherwise 3 letters would be fairly cheap I reckon, maybe less than a tenner

philconsequence
    Free Member

JMC?

how big would you want it? compare it to the size of something we’d know: 50p piece, iphone, beer can’ that kinda thing.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

This tattoo was designed by Jason himself, and was used on his right arm.

I bet it wasn’t.

A *very* quick search…

From IStock

thegreatape
    Free Member

camo16
    Free Member

Eh?

This one?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Or do you mean this one?

logical
    Free Member

no

This one

philconsequence
    Free Member

ahh ok, so plain black tribal….. what size?

soobalias
    Free Member

depends totally on size, but you are probably talking less than two hours work.

edit: forearm, even less then, probably an hour, so £60

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

But why would somebody want somebody else’s ‘personal’ design tattooed? Would you tattoo his wife’s name on your arm?

kimbers

id tattoo your wifes name on my arm…………

😈

philconsequence
    Free Member

if its just forearm and your skin takes the ink nicely then yeah i’d guess around 50-70quid depending on how much your local tattooists charge per hour.

logical
    Free Member

He was a big inspiration to me (along with many others). Always liked the design but only recently plucked up the courage to have it done.

And it was either that or Mint Sauce and living in Wales people may get the wrong idea if I have a sheep tat.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

id tattoo your wifes name on my arm…………

Why not get her face done too – I’ll send you some pictures 8)

philconsequence
    Free Member

can anybody explain who/what JMC is? sorry for the ignorance but google isn’t helping

EDIt – i’d tattoo your arm onto my wife.

soobalias
    Free Member

no point in getting all hung up on ‘original’

but you mustve known this thread would be littered with “why would you want to do that” comments

strange really, its exactly the same thing that people say when i tell them i ride in the mud and rain.

toys19
    Free Member

Its that there jason mcroy

footflaps

You could ask them to do the tattoo using Mint Sauce as the ink?

philconsequence
    Free Member

is he that kid that took photos of him in the DH gear in his bedroom, the clothes swamped him? or the chap that set up his own team and was asking for a race engineer and a lift to shows, turned out to be autistic?

woody2000
    logical
    Free Member

is he that kid that took photos of him in the DH gear in his bedroom, the clothes swamped him? or the chap that set up his own team and was asking for a race engineer and a lift to shows, turned out to be autistic?

He was a Mod on the MBUK forum IIRC
    I got banned several times by him for posting that picture.

youngrob

Go to a good tattoo store with some ideas and get them to design something specifically for you. If the artist is any good, it will be much better looking than a bit of flash, and they will put more into it.

As above probably about 2hrs work all in so about £60.

philconsequence
    Free Member

ahh ok, just been sent that link on twitter too. fair play in him being an inspiration…. a good artist could draw you up something much more personal and still referring to JMC than directly copying his tattoo if you wanted?

sc-xc

£30 an hour for a tattooist? Even the local scratchers charge more than that round here…

philconsequence
    Free Member

can i be the first to say that anyone with a tattoo is both a hooligan and a thug, probably served time in prison or is a sailor. these are medical facts. the only people who get tattoos are people who want to upset their parents and take drugs for a living.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

2hrs work for £60?

That seems very cheap…. 😕

philconsequence
    Free Member

biro, lighter and a safety pin.

(for a decent artist who’s not going to infect you with the bad AIDs and not leave your skin looking like its been attacked by a bear….you’d be looking at about 60 and hour on average i’d guess)

molgrips
    Free Member

Jupiter Mining Company

logical
    Free Member

Go to a good tattoo store with some ideas and get them to design something specifically for you. If the artist is any good, it will be much better looking than a bit of flash, and they will put more into it.

Think I’ll do that 🙂

Potter
    Free Member

2hrs for £60 is very very cheap,and im sure black is the hardest colour to get in as well,and dont forget any decent tattooist is booked for a while so if you can walk straight in the bells should be ringing

logical
    Free Member

can i be the first to say that anyone with a tattoo is both a hooligan and a thug, probably served time in prison or is a sailor. these are medical facts. the only people who get tattoos are people who want to upset their parents and take drugs for a living.

Thats me.
    I even live in a council house with a big telly!

philconsequence
    Free Member

i wouldn’t say blacks the hardest colour to get in… as a block colour its ok but after a few hours as the skin stretches and stop wanting ink it can be hard to tell how well its gone in.

red’s a bitch for the reason that you cant tell what’s ink and whats blood. yellows a nightmare. and whoever started the rumour that ‘blue ink is the most painful’ is lying and trying to look hard cos the old inks faded to blue over many years.

forearms a really good place for first tat as its not really painful at all 🙂

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

They’re rarely that interesting.

🙂

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

in the same way as listning to yourself recorded on tape or vide from a few years ago. I’d hate to be stuck with the opnion/view/taste of me when i’d grown up/out of it years later.

youngrob

Correction – yep, I meant £60 per hour so £120.

Squidlord
    Free Member

Seems very expensive when you can get them from the newsagent for maybe 50p a packet. All sorts of cool designs. This week, I’ve got Mrs Incredible on the side of my index finger, just above my thumb.

tazzymtb

as a block colour its ok but after a few hours as the skin stretches and stop wanting ink it can be hard to tell how well its gone in.

having recently spent multiple 4-5 hours sessions have just black added to me, it goes in fine. (apart from elbow skin, that’s a little blighter!!)

CountZero

Not entirely sure JMC’s tatt was wholly original, it bears something of a likeness to that adorning the bicep of one of the gentlemen in this pic:

JMC was a lovely bloke, though; I had the pleasure of meeting him at the Vail Worlds in ’94, and he was so enthusiastic about everything to do with bikes it was infectious, he chatted to you like a mate he’d known for years.
    Sadly missed.

Cougar

Jupiter Mining Company

Corporation.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Tattoos’ is closed to new replies.