Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • #tattoofixers
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Anyone?

Material for the tatt lovers and haters of STW, some hellishly bad twattoos, now and again covered by some really good artwork.

The receptionist is great too, always pisses herself at the bad uns!.

mtbfix

Saw a few mins of it last week. God alive some people seem incapable of making sensible choices.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Jagerbombs and Ibeefa are regularly there at the birth of such bad choices!.

Robz
    Free Member

One of the problems with this programme is that the terrible tattoos are only being replaced (for the most part) with very average quality tattoos.

They aren’t bad. But they’re not “Britain’s best”.

Really all people applying tattoos should be able to do it to an acceptable standard. No where near enough regulation which means thousands of people have terrible, terrible tattoos.

Most people really don’t know what is possible if you spend enough/know where to go.

Onzadog
    Free Member

So, what does stuff by the best look like?

cozz
    Free Member

really, I think its great, and some of Jays work i think is amazing

although I don’t have any ink, I’ve seen plenty / mates a tattoo artist too

fongsaiyuk
    Free Member

not watched it – the adverts are bad enough to put me of

inkmaster – Friday night on truTV is a worth wile watch though ( imo)

shows both the good and the bad and judged by people who know there stuff

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lol!. The advert puts you off but that pic you posted doesn’t? Haha! 😆

Robz
    Free Member

To be fair, The boy Jay’s portraits are nae bad. I’m not really into realistic styles though.

DezB
    Free Member

I watched some of it. it was one of those programmes where people are so stupid they seem like a different species.
    And some of the cover-up tattoos that they are all chuffed with were awful. There was a gambling one that was just as embarrassingly bad as some of the stuff they had to cover!
    Won’t be watching again.

Typical scene:
    “duh, hello, i’ve got a stupid tattoo what i had dun when I was young/drunk/too stupid to realise they are permanent”
    Ooh, go on show us”
    “ok, here”
    *feigned shock/laughter
    “oh god, what do you want us to cover it wiv”
    “Somefin else”
    “cool howbout this”
    “Great!”
    Whizz, whirr, “does it hurt?”
    “Yeah!”
    “Done, go have a look”
    “wow dats bwilliant!”

NEXT!

Robz
    Free Member

Yes that one was especially bad.

fongsaiyuk
    Free Member

Lol!. The advert puts you off but that pic you posted doesn’t? Haha!

fair point well made – the prog is better than the add

I think so anyway – you’ve got me doubting my judgement now 😳

mtbfix

Gah! Drawn back in. Flying vagina tattoo? I mean…wtf?!

carlosg
    Free Member

So, what does stuff by the best look like?

Google Rob Richardson , not everyone’s taste but a very good artist.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Robz is spot on, probably not even the best in their town. Some proper scratchers on inkmaster but for some reason I find it compelling viewing.

sirromj

DezB – Member
    “oh god, what do you want us to cover it wiv”
    “Somefin else”
    “cool howbout this”
    “Great!”
    Whizz, whirr, “does it hurt?”
    “Yeah!”
    “Done, go have a look”
    “wow dats bwilliant!”
    NEXT!

The summary is precise.

maccruiskeen

They aren’t bad. But they’re not “Britain’s best”.

“Britains Best” have better things to do. When people are putting together a programme like this the problem they face (although they don’t really think its a problem) is that they can only choose from people who always say ‘yes’ to stuff. People who get really good at what they do get good by knowing what to say ‘no’ to.

mikey74
    Free Member

Mac is right: the tattooist I’m booked in with is booking approx. 5 months in advance due to workload. Meaning when I booked at the end of November, the earliest they could do was the end of April.
    I doubt they’d have time to do anything like this.

russ295
    Free Member

A friends daughter and boyfriend was on a few weeks ago. Ended up with a huge front neck cover to hide a Roman numeral date of birth error. Someone got the dates wrong.

binners

I’m waiting for Cheryl Tortellini Whatserface to turn up and say ‘can you do anything with this..?’ and get her arse out! 😆

What amazes me is not only the appalling chioice of design, but the fact that if you’re having something permanent done then you might think about checking whether the person doing it was a cross-eyed dyslexic with hands like shovels and the artistic sensibilities of a baboon?

Alarm bells should surely be ringing if you can walk in off the street and they can do it there and then because they’ve nothing else on?

_tom_
    Free Member

The tattoos they cover up with are usually awful. I mean not as bad as the originals but still shite. Glad I go to a decent place for mine.

downshep

Don’t understand why some of the cover up tats are 10x the size of the originals. One girl went in with a daft wee tat at the bottom of her ankle and came out with a mahoosive dragon half way up her calf. Similar story for a guy with a lower back tat, the cover up was needlessly huge.

Rather than the programme simply being about tattoo fixers creatively masking poor work, the motive appears to be for the resident artists to showcase their own ideas regardless of what’s actually required. The punters capitulate as whatever they get obliterates the original that drove them there in the first place.

Whilst we all politely nod and say “thanks, that’s great” after a bad haircut, that grows back, this is for life.

Robz
    Free Member

maccruiskeen – Member
    “Britains Best” have better things to do. When people are putting together a programme like this the problem they face (although they don’t really think its a problem) is that they can only choose from people who always say ‘yes’ to stuff. People who get really good at what they do get good by knowing what to say ‘no’ to.

Indeed.

mikey74 – Member
    Mac is right: the tattooist I’m booked in with is booking approx. 5 months in advance due to workload. Meaning when I booked at the end of November, the earliest they could do was the end of April.
    I doubt they’d have time to do anything like this.

I waited for nearly two years to get an appointment with my current tattooist (and I have to fly to Denmark every time I want to see him too). Was late getting back to him about an appointment this spring and he’s full already (even for existing clients) so have to fly to Bologna to see him at a convention there instead as its the only free time he has.

nerd
    Free Member

I loved the Keith Lemon tattoo. Bang tidy indeed!

There’s an American show called Tattoo Nightmares which this is based on. The quality of coverup tatts on there is better than the UK version. On the US one they’ve also covered tatts that were done on Inkmaster.

My wife and I watch both programs sometimes, if there’s nothing better on and we can’t be bothered doing anything else. We’re judgemental misanthropes, though, which this kind of TV is designed for.

kayak23

It’s compulsive viewing. Some of the cover-ups are bang on trend, covering up what was bang on trend years ago. Trouble is, this time, they’re ‘kin mahoosive…

Interesting to see how they’ll cover the cover ups in 15 years or so…

downshep

Perhaps Cheryl’s arse started out as a wee rosebud?

Harry_the_Spider

John Noakes ended up with an arse like ^ that when he fell out of a bobsleigh.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘#tattoofixers’ is closed to new replies.