Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)
  • tattoo sleeves. where did you stop?
  • bigyim
    Free Member

I’m booked in to have my sleeve finished in a few weeks. Just wondering if anyone else has one where did they stop? 3/4 ? All the way into the wrist? And if you had the option where would you go?

v8ninety

I think you should stop at the cuticles. Because tattooing nail beds sounds like it might smart a tad.

toys19
    Free Member

An in the other direction I guess, eyeballs and no man’s land.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigyim
    Free Member

Think I’ll just keep it to my arm. Don’t fancy getting any of my three eyes jabbed with needles

jimjam
    Free Member

I stopped when I realised they were common as muck.

bigyim
    Free Member

I’ve seen loads of folks with bikes on this forum. Common as muck. Best get that sold too

bigyinn
    Free Member

I never started.
    Noticed the number of fat 40 YOs wandering about with blue grey saggy celtic bands from the 90’s? Urrrghghh, grim.

bigyim
    Free Member

Nothing like a tattoo thread to shake the stw hive.

loddrik
    Free Member

I think you should probably stop at the door of the tattooists…

And calling people with tattoo sleeves. Please post pics so I/we can laugh and I can show them to my kids then they can laugh too.

Can’t beat a funny cautionary tale…

footflaps

Best get that sold too

Well at least you can sell a bike a bit easier than selling your tattooed arm….

bigyim
    Free Member

I’m sure someone is after a second hand arm. Even if it has been drawn on

Teetosugars
    Free Member

And calling people with tattoo sleeves. Please post pics so I/we can laugh and I can show them to my kids then they can laugh too.

What’s wrong with having a sleeve done? 🙄

bigyim
    Free Member

Everything apparently…..

hammyuk
    Free Member

Nothing – this lot have been at the STW single malt again – you know what they get like.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

My mother laughs at things she doesn’t understand too, it’s quite sad when she does this. She’s an otherwise intelligent person, which makes me wonder.

Obviously where you stop depends on the environment where you work and the prejudices that you have to suffer, if only they were allowed to laugh/discriminate against johnny foreigner.

Depends on the power that you hold in the environment where you work.

Personally I’m looking at a half sleeve.

KennySenior
    Free Member

There are two people at my work who are dead against tattoos, both of them are scousers. We can only assume therefore that it’s because tattoos are easily identifiable, on CCTV or Crimewatch for example.

chris85
    Free Member

loddrik – Member 

I think you should probably stop at the door of the tattooists…

Can’t beat a funny cautionary tale…

POSTED 28 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

What a nob 🙄

BigJohn

I like them because they express your individuality.

duntstick
    Free Member

‘Coz I’m a dedicated follower, of fashion’

thegreatape
    Free Member

Surely the wrist is the place to stop? Higher is a bit indecisive like the tops my misses wears. Any lower than the wrist is a bit Lawrence Lewellyn Bowen.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Tattoo sleeve, short back and sides, skinny jeans, beard and a “trying toooo hard personality”

Bay City Roller suits for the next craze ?

shermer75
    Free Member

Agreed^ stop at the wrists. Any higher is a bit Rodney and any lower is a bit Del Boy

cloudnine
    Free Member

hugo
    Free Member

Going to the wrist makes it always visible, even with long sleeves.

Whether this bothers you is another matter, but for some people, and in some jobs, it isn’t ideal. See posts above for evidence. Personally I don’t care, but that’s not how the world works.

If you’re not bothered, then whatever inspires you from photos of others. My wife got a lot of inspiration, and made some great choices, from Pintrest. She went with what she loved, and funnily enough she loves it.

loddrik
    Free Member

loddrik
    Free Member

What a nob

We can’t all be cool.

rwamartin
    Free Member

I’d be genuinely interested as to what made those of you who have them have it done.

I sort of get Iron Man tattoos; they’re a bit of a badge of honour, but sleeves I don’t understand. Is each sleeve unique? Do they tell a story? Is it just that people like the look of them? I would have thought that given how popular they seem to be that being “different” has lost it’s edge somewhat.

Not looking to judge anyone for their reasons, just interested.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I show these threads to my kids and let them decide whether they want to express themselves as they see fit or whether they want to be small minded bigots.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I show these threads to my kids and let them decide whether they want to express themselves as they see fit or whether they want to be small minded bigots.

Are they covered in, err, art?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

We can’t all be cool.

Or polite
    Or nice
    Or shut up

In your case……

bigyim
    Free Member

Personally I don’t want one to be cool, trendy or different. I just like them and have for years. Mine is full of different elements that means something to me.

Loddrik I understand if you don’t like them but that’s your decision. I don’t like beetroot but I don’t slag people off who do.
    If you want to use me as an example to your kids that’s fine then I can point out what prejudice is and how you can’t judge a book by its cover.
    Sure lots of idiots get tattoos. Lots of idiots don’t.
    If its not hurting anyone but me then why not have a bit more acceptance to other ideas.

loddrik
    Free Member

Or polite
    Or nice
    Or shut up
    In your case…..

We all have our cross to bare…

WTF
    Free Member

I stopped just before I hit “Buy it Now” option.

Caher

Got a pair of tattoo sleeves as worn on big bang theory. Look quite realistic from a few metres away

tazzymtb

My tattoo sleeve has finished at my ankle in a continuing half body suit. 20 odd years of tattoos and still going, but its all just a new trend yeh?

singlespeedstu

For god sake tazzy don’t show anyone a picture of the piercing in your between balls and ass area or where ever it was.
    I’ve only just managed to get it out of my mind and I can’t afford any more mindbleach it’s too **** expensive for me. 😀

tazzymtb

But stu, that was the ss euros in 2010!! Its nice to know my gentleman’s region leaves an impression 😀

fenred
    Free Member

piercing in your between balls and ass area

😯

Off the bike for long after that? 😕

martinhutch

Its nice to know my gentleman’s region leaves an impression

What shape impression does it leave?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘tattoo sleeves. where did you stop?’ is closed to new replies.