Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tattoo question. ?
  • nealglover
    Free Member

Genuine question and really want to try and avoid any Racism discussion if possible.

But I have a mate who’s white and he has a couple of tattoos with really striking white ink in places.
    Also another mate who is black, and has a small tattoo, in black ink.

Talking earlier about how good a white Tatt would look on black skin, but a quick google search didn’t find much.

Any good examples ?

Or anyone know why it’s not popular, because I think it would look really striking, but can’t figure why it’s not more popular.

tmb467
    Free Member

Not an expert but …

It’s to do with how colour is seen – with a tattoo the ink sits under the skin. But if the skin is pigmented dark then the colour of the tattoo ink is barely visible because colour is only visible by the frequencies of light it absorbs

Dark skin would absorb a lot of white light (very basic reason but google it if you want to know more) meaning that the light would never reflect off the white ink and therefore you can’t see it clearly

As I said – a very limited and basic response

nealglover
    Free Member

As I said – a very limited and basic response

It’s the only one, which is pretty rare on here 🙂

I’ll do some reading on that, cheers.

zippykona

What about that Enigma bloke. He tattooed his whole body jigsaw pattern then coloured it all black now I think he’s tattooing himself white.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Now that’s a tattoo

firestarter
    Free Member

I’ve a tattoo with some very slight white lines in the detail and its now over 15 years old and the white is very hard to see, also its one of the colours that swells up and gets sore in the sun, red also gets uncomfortable in hot sun too there are other colours too but can’t remember which off hand as its not been sunny for years

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tattoo question. ?’ is closed to new replies.