Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Tattoo inspiration…Lake District mountain ranges
  • jon1973
    Free Member

I knew you’d all love it as much as me

To be fair, if you like it that’s all that matters.

globalti
    Free Member

Surely a map of Lancashire and Cumbria tattoed on the back would be better? You could have Blackpool at the bottom…

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

If I were getting something permanently etched onto my body I think I’d find someone that spoke the same language as me to do it.

And if that etching was meant to be representative of a place that was important to me, I’d be tempted to use someone that new what a Lakeland mountain looked like, or I’d probably avoid giving him a badly embroidered patch as a reference!

I’m just going to jump the gun and ask the question you’ll be asking yourself in 2, 5 or 10 years time… What on earth were you thinking????

Tom-B
    Free Member

😆 can always rely a tattoo thread for a bit of a laugh……may start one of my own later posting my recently acquired ones!

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

And if that etching was meant to be representative of a place that was important to me, I’d be tempted to use someone that new what a Lakeland mountain looked like

If only someone had been around to give this fella a hand and shown him the error of his ways. He’d probably have been successful if he’d known how to paint a portrait properly.

It’s an interesting tatt OP and as long as you’re happy with it, who give a shit what the narrow minded think.

Harris
    Free Member

A friend has this. Ashness bridge.
    Afternoon Senor’.

DezB
    Free Member

I knew you’d all love it as much as me

There’s always…

They could turn it into a lovely flowery elephant for you

tillydog
    Free Member

cos it looks like a thingy.

Not as much as this does:

N.S.F.W!! (It’s only a belly button, but…)

Maybe Honister slate mine, in a similar style…

DezB
    Free Member

N.S.F.W!! (It’s only a belly button, but…)

He was on Tattoo Fixers – got a massive 3 Wise Monkeys tat done over it.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

If only someone had been around to give this fella a hand and shown him the error of his ways. He’d probably have been successful if he’d known how to paint a portrait properly.

Good point. I hadn’t considered that the OP might have gone to Spain to find the next Picasso. It all makes sense now.

CountZero

bit of artistic license in there so not an exact representation
    Artistic license?? More like Chinese whispers… Looks nowt like Coniston Old Man… I’m not sure it really looks like a mountain either…

Plenty of artworks don’t look exactly like the original, but everyone’s a critic, right? 🙄

DezB
    Free Member

everyone’s a critic, right?

You put a tattoo pic on the web (STW in particular), you know what to expect.

BoardinBob

DezB – Member
    everyone’s a critic, right?

You put a tattoo pic on the web (STW in particular), you know what to expect.

Michaelangelo could’ve put the Sistine Chapel up on here and someone would have found a flaw…

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Michaelangelo could’ve put the Sistine Chapel up on here and someone would have found a flaw…

Bit blousy innit!

BoardinBob

Just finished a couple of hours with Tom who I recommended back at the start of the thread. Top bloke and his work is awesome

johndoh
    Free Member

I would have preferred it without the trail going up the mountain on the right.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Nice ink dude

perchypanther
    Free Member

Is it the path to Cirith Ungol? 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Photoshopped ?

Looks too good to be a TaT.

BoardinBob

Nah no photoshop, just a B&W filter to hide the redness 😯

Stevet1
    Free Member

Nice but… seems odd to get it done that way up.
    When you look at it aren’t all the mountain upside down?

BoardinBob

Was always going to be hard to get the right perspective. I have a raven inside my left forearm that is upside down to everyone apart from me.

Way I figured this one is if I’m holding mt forearm in front of me then they’re the “right” way up

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Love those David Cote ones.

athgray
    Free Member

Get Napes Needle tattooed on your stomach.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Tattoo inspiration…Lake District mountain ranges’ is closed to new replies.