Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tattoo inspiration – Pictish or Norse art resources
  • MikeT-23
    Free Member

Thinking, and JUST thinking, about gittin me a ta-ttoo in the next year.
    I’d like it to be based on Pictish art, or maybe Norse, and due to the fact that the Picts only left their mark on stones, it is not easy to see the options.
    Would any of you fine knowledgeable folk know of any online or print resources containing some images for my perusal?
    Thankee
    Mike

druidh
    Free Member
    grizzlygus
    Free Member

You forgot to add the disclaimer stating that you weren’t interested whether people thought tattoos were a good idea or not. So expect comments along those lines.

Personally, I think that they’re a rubbish idea.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CountZero

Grizzlygus, we know there’s lot’s of people on here think tattoos are a rubbish idea. Tell us something we don’t know.
    FWIW, I’ve got two written in Ogham, which is the correct period, and an indiginous script, too, unlike runes, which are Scandinavian or Germanic. There are only eighteen characters available, as it’s a British/Celtic script. One of mine says ‘this too shall pass’, the other says ‘cant ride for sh*t’. Great script, looks like a barcode, which it is, kinda. You can find it at:
    http://www.omniglot.com/writing/ogham.htm

hugorune

I just got a new tattoo based on the double circle and z-rod design from one of the Aberlemno stones. I got the design from a stone pendant I bought in Pictavia in Brechin (The Pictish history centre). They have a lot of books on Pictish art and loads of other stuff. There are a few sites that contain pics of all the images on the Various standing stones across the north east that you could print and trace if you’re feeling artistic or alternatively if you do a search for Pat Fish tattoos on t’net the site has a selection of stylised interpretations of the designs on the standing stones.

I like Tattoos and I know a lot of people don’t but ultimately it’s all good.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tattoo inspiration – Pictish or Norse art resources’ is closed to new replies.