Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tattoo advice needed – London
  • rossrobot
    Free Member

Thinking of a new tattoo. Would like an exact copy of a very old line drawing from a 19th century artist. It’s one colour, but is intricate in places as it’s a pen and ink drawing with different line thicknesses throughout.

I’ve got one tattoo already which was a bespoke design and really enjoyed the creative process, but obviously this is a specific request and so I wondered if anyone had asked for/had similar, and also if anyone could recommend a good tattooist for this type of piece in London?

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Not quite London, but Jon Nott and his fellow workers at Bespoke Tattoo in Guildford knock out some fine work.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

One of the peeps at blackheart in epsom does this kinda stuff.
    If not, you could always try and get a booking at london tattoo show at the end of the month.

tazzymtb

Just draw it on with a biro..that way when the haterz of ink show up you can simply clean it with a baby wip

rossrobot
    Free Member

Rusty, Uselesshippy – thank you -will have a look.
    Tazzy – not a bad idea, although thinking I want it on my chest so drawing in reverse in the mirror could be tricky 🙂

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Draw it on a bit of paper in marker, put paper on chest, slap yourself silly. 😀

schrickvr6
    Free Member

A little bit late now but lots of seriously good artists at the Tobacco Dock convention later this month.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Actually check out Immortal Ink, all the artists there are shit hot but I think Jorge Becerra would nail it.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Stewart Robson or Valerie Vargas at Frith Street Tattoo.

Dont go elsewhere, trust me.

But be prepared to wait. (You may get lucky with a slot by either at the London Convention)

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Both amazing artists but traditional is their thing, and oriental to a lesser extent with Robson.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I’ve seen Valerie’s work on a friend, similar is description to the OP’s requirement. Looks amazing.

To the OP, if i were you, consider offering the artist the chance to take your idea and run with it. If you have confidence to do that then you may be very pleasantly surprised what they come up with.

michaelbowden

Have a look at Eternal Tattoo in Dorking. They have a website and Facebook page. I’ve had 3 done by Robb, he does some fantastic black and grey work

slimjim78
    Free Member

Really though?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tattoo advice needed – London’ is closed to new replies.