Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Tasty non alcholic drinks for a bbq. (not cola or lemonade.)
  • ton

any idea’s for a few non alcholic drinks for a bbq.
    got a load of folk coming round this arvo for the grandaughters birthday.
    quite a few are non drinkers, and dont just want to offer cola and such.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

The best non-alcoholic beer according to my T-Total wife is the non-alcoholic version of Cobra. She doesn’t rate the non-alcoholic wines, but they’re not unpleasant, just not anything like wine.

scotroutes

Ginger beers are good.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Elderflower cordial. F-yes.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Schloer is like a fizzy “wine” that tastes nothing like wine and not alcoholic

Just get some Vimto 😉

Tom-B
    Free Member

What time are you bbqing ton? We’ve got people coming over at 1 to try and beat the rain….not overly confident that we’re gonna make it!

tonyd

+1 Ginger Beer. Home made is best, otherwise Idris Fiery or the old jamaica stuff.

bearnecessities

Dandelion & Burdock 😀

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Mix apple juice and ginger ale – very refreshing for this time of year

jonnyrockymountain

Corporation pop!!!

geoffj

Chilled fizzy water with ice and a slice

ton

apple and ginger sounds good, and elderflower cordial.

thanks for the idea’s.

thejesmonddingo

Aldi cloudy lemonade,it’s lovely.Hope the weather stays good for you,I’m supposed to be watching bands in Thornes Park this afternoon.

Lifer
    Free Member

Ruby freaking Breakfast.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

4 parts apple juice, 1 part elderflower cordial, bash up a bit of mint and cucumber, good squeeze of lemon/lime juice. Maybe a bit of basil if you’re feeling exotic. Plenty of crushed ice and top up with soda water. Better with a good measure of Hendricks as well, but almost as good without.

ton

in Thornes Park this afternoon.

in wakefield?
    you from wakefield mate?

steveoath
    Free Member

Had this dilemma as wife oath is pregnant. We found Eisberg Chardonnay (0.0%) in Morrisons. Was nice, actually does a good impression of wine. Also Bavaria 0.0% white beer is ace.

Have you got mint or lemon balm in the garden? If so you could make some flavoured iced tea with them.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Get the kids to make their own Citron Pressé?

Or find someone with a sodastream, and borrow it for the afternoon, and pop down to a stockist for a few flavours.

You can carbonate anything you like with a sodastream, so make your own ginger beer or cloudy lemonade then just “gas” it up as and when you need it.

andyl
    Free Member

Cucumber water
    Iced Tea
    Home-made lemonade
    elderflower cordial but add strawberries

Adding fruit like strawberries, raspberries, kiwi slices etc really help make them less boring visually and adding a bit of extra taste.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

erdinger alkoholfrei can be bought in most larger sainsburys and tescos. it’s by far the nicest tasting non-alcoholic beer (if you like weissbiers, that is!).

ginger beer- fentimans. not the cheapest, but the best by a long way. it’s brewed rather than made like a fizzy pop, so it tastes more like a grown-up soft drink to me. in fact, any fentimans drinks (even the cola, it’s not like cola you know!)

bottlegreen and belvoir cordials are all good.

bikebouy
    Free Member

We do fizzy Ice Tea. We cold brew the Tea then strain to get the tannin out of it (through muslin) then add lime, sugar syrup, cucumber, mint lots of mint. We then top up the Tea with fizzy water to add the sparkle and Ice, not crushed Ice as it melts too quickly just the normal freezer chunks. Make sure it’s sweet though and you’ll find it disappears in about 2mins flat 😆

Also, white sweet tea, again lots of mint and cucumber, sugar syrup, serve cold with ice.
    Or cold roobush tea, again over ice, sweet but with Ornages or mandarins sliced and either red berries or cherries.

Yum.

pingu66
    Free Member

Apple and elderflower flavoured water I think, from Morrisons. Ran out of water in the car and my gf had left some so I had t drink something, after years of sneering at her flavoured waters it was bloody lovely.

antigee

Elderflower cordial another vote
    Tonic water with slices of lemon plenty of ice
    Bitter lemon
    Soda water, ice and fruit juices

erdinger alkoholfrei – another vote

You can carbonate anything you like with a sodastream

worrying

tang
    Free Member

Def elderflower, jugs with slice and ice. Ginger beer for fizzists. Sorted.

jamj1974

Apple juice and elderflower with mint.

Crush some fresh mint with caster sugar
    Add 500ml apple juice to jug
    Add 100ml elderflower cordial
    Add 600ml soda water

Just before serving – add mint and stir well then add a lot of ice to each glass and pour.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Kopperburg alcohol free cider isn’t too bad at all. Most big supermarkets seem to have it now

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Carbonated Milk? Carbonated Olive Oil? Carbonated still water? Carbonated yoghurt?

jamj1974

Sorry didn’t realise my idea had already been posted.

thejesmonddingo

No,from Barnsley,but did my nurse training in Wakey,and still have lots of mates there,I’m over there a couple of times a week.Yes,it’s Thornstock weekend.

Drac

Lilt for that totally tropical taste.

zippykona

Becks blue is the best of a very bad bunch of alcohol free beers.
    Tea goes with everything though.

porlus
    Free Member

Sainsburys sell a nice alcohol free beer called Bavaria. Like the becks, its one of the better ones. Although Erdinger alcohol free wheat beer as really good to.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Tonic water with Angostura bitters.

My favourite non-alcoholic drink of all is San Pellegrino Chinotto though it’s a bit marmite.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member
    supersaiyan
    Free Member

Tonic water with Angostura bitters

^this, + ice n a slice. Very good G+T substitute. I’m told an old medic in Edinburgh used to try and dry out BBC media soaks with this in the 80s

Although to be massively pedantic in true STW fashion, Angostura bitters is alcoholic

tonic + juice

virgin mojitos
    EDIT beaten to it by DD

MrSmith
    Free Member

Rock shandy.
    Half soda/lemonade angostura bitters big slice of lime squeezed.
    Not a fan of sugary drinks so if not having alcohol I have this with diet lemonade

jekkyl

Not much fun without beer.

jonba
    Free Member

Old fashion lemonade
    Ginger Bier
    San Pellegrino orange/lemon

Or just go to a supermarket and wander down the soft drink isle. Sainsbury’s has a good selection of posh soft drinks.

jekkyl

Coffee!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

A few drops of Angostura Bitters and tonic

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Tasty non alcholic drinks for a bbq. (not cola or lemonade.)’ is closed to new replies.