Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tassimo machines
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Just got one of these as a Christmas present and I must say I’m really impressed. Not quite as good as real beans or my Dads Nesspresso, but better than the instant shite. Got some Costa Americano and Missus Latte pods as she likes them. Is it just Costa pods I can use or can I use others? I’m just a pure black coffee bloke. Also where is cheapest for the pods?

squin
    Free Member

I’ve got one and love it.

Tesco are currently doing 2 packs (inc Costa Americano) for £6 – that’s 32 coffees.

I’ve decided to stop buying Latte’s as I just heat the milk in the microwave for 30 seconds, then put under the Tassimo and you can hardly tell the difference (goes all frothy etc).

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Hated ours. Makes bad tasting coffee especially with the milk they provide and its noisy, takes ages and has a tiny water tank that needs filling every 5 minutes. Gave mine to my mum and its just collecting dust in her kitchen now too.

40mpg

I’ve got 2 – at work and home – good coffee and very easy.

I’ve tried quite a few of the coffees – found the costa a bit strong and generally use the Kenco Cafe Crema or Columbian (straight black for me too).

Not keen on the milky ones though as they use long life milk and tastes very sweet (but thats my personal taste).

Worth keeping an eye on the tassimo facebook page and Costa offers if you are thinking of getting one – both mine cost £30 each including £20 of coffee vouchers!

midlifecrashes

Loving ours, I prefer the Kenco Colombian to the Americano though. The mrs likes the Medum Roast, but I think it tastes a bit burnt. They’re all a decent cuppa though.

sadmadalan

We have one and the four us have voted for the Kenco Cafe Crema as our first choice. We have tried a few. Ignore the ‘latte’ ones as it is easy to warm milk and froth yourself.

Tend to buy in bulk from the Tassimo site – just wait until the next deal and buy lots! Otherwise top up from Waitrose/Sainsburys as required

GrahamS

Not keen on the milky ones though as they use long life milk and tastes very sweet (but thats my personal taste).

Yeah most of the milky ones taste very creamy (a flavour of coffee I associate with holidays in Europe)

Go for the “skinny” versions and you get a more “typical UK” milk flavour.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

The coffee itself is fine, the milk is not so great in my opinion – i’ve got a separate milk frothed. But for coffee there are plenty of options available if you look on amazon. My only gripe is the lack of options for pods that just do esspresso shots. I just want a decent espresso pod that I can use with my milk frother when I want a milky coffee. The Costa ones are fine, but you can’t buy the Costa espresso pods on their own – only as part of their latte or cappuccino kits with the minging milk.

prawny

love mine, petit dejuner is my favourite black coffee. Costa Cappucino for the milkies

It’s a decent compromise in a small kitchen as I haven’t got room for a filter and an espresso machine.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Just bought some Kenco Columbian and it’s bloody lovely. It’s not quite as harsh as the Costa Americano but it’s a lovely brew.

It may not be a full on bean coffee machine but the simplicity and the fact it tastes so much better than instant.

I can see it bein an expensive habit as I’m addicted.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tassimo machines’ is closed to new replies.