Viewing 10 posts - 201 through 210 (of 210 total)
  • Tasered in the face!
  • Klunk
    Free Member

To go through that same situation with a drunk full grown 24 year old man?  I think I’d have tasered him as well simply to prevent injury to myself.

yeah but would then be prepared to “railroad” an austistic 7 year old, albeit in a 24 year olds body, to justify your actions ?

iffoverload
    Free Member

To go through that same situation with a drunk full grown 24 year old man?  I think I’d have tasered him as well simply to prevent injury to myself.

huh… missed the bit about him being drunk, what a incredible high risk to 2 highly trained experienced police officers that must be..  tazer all the (allegedly) drunk mentally handicapped people now!

what would they do when faced with a crack head with a axe, carpet bomb the area?

jimjam
    Free Member

They’re Police officers, they’re not trained to deal with that kind of violence.

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>Even if there was some kind of system, or method  way to train police to restrain people how are they going to have time for that useless stuff when they have taser training to go to?</span>

Northwind

Obviously the officers themselves didn’t think the tasering was justified- else, why lie about it?

scruff9252

I’m your atypical middle class, professional white collar worker, never been in trouble with the police not likely to be so. I have however met and know several police officers. One left due to corruption in their force, 3 are more dodgy / corrupt than an inmate in sauchton prison and the remaining one officer is an upstanding member of society.

So in that small sample, 3/5ths are lying, deceitful crooks.

outofbreath
    Free Member

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-45420377

Not guilty in court, cleared in internal investigations. Sounds like the press might have got the wrong end of the stick.

kelron
    Free Member

I didn’t really follow this but just watching the video it looks like a taser might a reasonable response in that situation out of context – a large man physically resisting arrest.

The problem is why they were trying to arrest him in the first place.

stevextc
    Free Member

I would ultimately view this incident as a failure in recruitment or training.

Well, I’m not either way but I’d hazard a bet when Geoff Capes was on the beat he wouldn’t have reached for a tazer in this situation.

Society as a whole seems to want to put vulnerable people into positions where a tazer is going to be used but then cry foul when it is.

A few years ago I lived in central London and carried a camera and got stopped and searched 3 times in one month.  I wasn’t doing anything wrong but I couldn’t help thinking that if I was up to some mischief the officer detaining me wouldn’t be in any position to stop or detain me.

outofbreath
    Free Member

The problem is why they were trying to arrest him in the first place.

Re-read the thread? From memory he refused to give his name and walked off. They arrested him when he walked off.

stevextc
    Free Member

Re-read the thread? From memory he refused to give his name and walked off.

He doesn’t need to give his name unless they are acting under very Section 60.. in which case they should have served a 5090 stating this.

This might sound a bit trivial … but the point of this if someone isn’t doing anything wrong then they can’t be stopped and searched for for the hell of it.

They arrested him when he walked off.

Legal basis

there is no corresponding power to detain a person to talk to them or ask them to account for themselves. They cannot be arrested for not stopping to talk to the officer or answer their questions.

Their EXCUSE was they thought he was some other bloke … indeed he had been mistaken previously.

Lets say mistakes happen and everyone learns from them… He then tried to get into his OWN address….

It beggars belief to me that they are looking for a guy that their colleges have previously mistaken for this guy who lives at this address where she shoots him in the face and they didn’t stop before repeating the mistake?

Viewing 10 posts - 201 through 210 (of 210 total)

The topic ‘Tasered in the face!’ is closed to new replies.