Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 210 total)
  • Tasered in the face!
  • langylad
    Free Member

Commendable restraint, insight and a touch of humour great ape.
    I think maybe one or two of your critics here haven’t read your posts over the years and just see you as ‘plod’, and not a valued forum member.
    Enjoy the file prep

Junkyard
    Free Member

Disclosure schedules

PAh that is copper masonic code for fitting up non whites and what sort of loon sees him as a valued forum contributor

IME coppers dont take well to sarcasm face to face I wonder if they are ok with it on the internet 😉

soulwood
    Free Member

What this illustrates is that some people shouldn’t have tasers. Also the universal observation that age does NOT bring wisdom. That fella WANTED a scrap. Well he gets it, there are some men you just can’t reach. I don’t like it anymore than you do…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    langylad
    Free Member

You are now a marked man JY

Junkyard
    Free Member

shudders

langylad
    Free Member

I cant disagree with some of the posters on here, I was a pinky liberal and a fully fledged member of amnesty, save the whale etc before i joined the job. I certainly wouldn’t have reacted the way the sergeant did but it is difficult to know how you will react to stress, and she may have had a genuinely held belief that the man was an immediate threat to her and her colleague.
    I’ve come across plenty of overly officious and on occasion a little too handy with the flat of their hand plonkers in my 23 years, but they are hugely outnumbered by properly decent and brave people.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Enjoy the file prep

Cheers, nearly done. Got some outside work to do now, nice night for it. Fear not crankboy – no running.

JY – My pretence of not minding the sarcasm is just to lull you into a false sense of security until I meet you face to face – nobody accuses me of being a goat tickler and gets away with it 😉

langylad
    Free Member

goat tickler? i take it all back ya filthy animal

thegreatape
    Free Member

😳

Right, I’m away out. Have fun.

tjagain

righty – I live in a big city and your description of cops is nothing like my experience of them – both professional and personal. the only thing I really have against them is the vicious sarcasm they routinely employ – Greatape – is there a special lesson in sarcasm in the training school? Our local guys are cutting – really cutting

thegreatape
    Free Member

Think it’s just a Scottish thing TJ – hence it’s a gift I don’t have 😀

wicki
    Free Member

For all there faults the UK police are close to saints try living in a lawless African state for a few weeks and you would soon be crying out for a little law and order.

enfht
    Free Member

Basic elementary mistake. The coppers couldn’t distinguish between an albeit rare ‘hooded rasta’ and the far more common ‘hooded ghetto knife wielding yoot’. The former deserves to be left in peace and the latter deserves a taser in the face.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

wicki – Member

try living in a lawless African state for a few weeks and you would soon be crying out for a little law and order.

Well as long as we compare favourably with “a lawless African state” I guess that’s what really counts.

Perhaps people should make the comparison with a lawless African state more often, specially when they are discussing contentious issues such as housing, education, healthcare, employment, etc.

Which one did you have in mind – Libya?

tjagain

I would ultimately view this incident as a failure in recruitment or training. I very strongly believe there should be “no fault” investigations for incidents like this as there is for pilots. Why? Because if people think they might be in trouble for things they do not tell the truth and without the truth we cannot get to the root causes of the problem. Its the same in Healthcare. Of course serious criminal behaviour should still be punished but not lapses in judgement.

If we want to stop situations like this happening we need to understand why they happen. While people are in fear of disciplinary action they will not tell the truth – they will put a favourable slant on things. We need to know the truth to correct the issue.

giantalkali
    Free Member

Lawless African state = well, I’m not as mean as Hitler

Northwind

Resorting to whataboutery = admitting you have no good argument to make.

km79
    Free Member

Good, they took their time.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You think the Independent Police Complaints Commission should be quicker when they “carefully consider evidence gathered”?

km79
    Free Member

You think the Independent Police Complaints Commission should be quicker when they “carefully consider evidence gathered so far“?

You missed out the so far bit.

Yes, almost 5 weeks to look at some camera footage, statements and taser procedures before getting to the “advising them that their conduct is under investigation” bit.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well yes, I thought it was obvious that they had only carefully considered the evidence gathered “so far”. Apparently part of the investigation included conducting house-to-house inquiries, obtaining statements from a number of witnesses and collecting guidance, procedures and policies over the use of the Taser.

I have no idea how long that usually takes. I have a much more authoritative opinion on how to swing a hammer than on crime investigation.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

That video was funny and shocking. Is it police policy to use poor such poor instinctive shooting that you hit someone in the face, potentially give them serious eye damage – when there is the comparatively huge torso to hit? She fired that thing like she was a kid playing John Wayne with a water pistol. “Taser. Taser. Taser” errr yeah?

thegreatape
    Free Member

CPS have charged the policewoman with assault

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-40560917

Jamie
    Free Member

Some people are really not cut out to be police.

thegreatape
    Free Member

No argument there Jamie.

CountZero

Sorry office I am not the person you are looking for.. My name is John Smith, if you would like proof here’s my ID.

Ok thanks, have a nice day and I hope you find the guy you are looking for.

All done – 30 seconds. Not that difficult.

Just read through this thread, I thought it might have resurfaced after the video of the police dealing with the bloke in Bristol, and I noticed a number of posters mentioning ID.
    As far as I’m aware, in the UK there is absolutely no requirement for any citizen to carry any form of ID, and it’s entirely possible that the gentleman involved in the situation that started this thread did not carry ID; he almost certainly, at 71, did not have a car or driver’s licence, or carry a passport, (and why would he).
    If anyone can suggest what form of ID a person who doesn’t possess either of those two items might habitually carry that’s an acceptable form of ID, I’d be interested in knowing what it is.
    My g/f, for example, carries no ID at all, she does have a valid passport, (she lived in the Irish Republic for nine years, but, like the greater majority of people doesn’t carry it and has no need to, and is disallowed from having a driver’s licence for medical reasons.
    So what should she be expected to produce if asked for ID?

Northwind

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-42790629”

Huh. It says the force now has a dedicated lead for autism… Seems like what they actually needed here was a dedicated lead for not making shit up

Poopscoop

Saw this today then see this thread making me notice the incident from a year ago!

This is the future people… 🙁

The taser is “sold” as a non lethal method of incapacitating someone. That alone means some cops are more inclined to use it and will use it more.

I’ve no doubt 10 years from now it will be a near enough default method of tackling anyone that is even slightly more than being verbally uncooperative.

A cop pushes a belligerent bystander away, he’s still belligerent… tasered.

Someone attempts to run after a very minor transgression… taser.

You give cops a baton it will sometimes get used without need. Tasers are just a weapons upgrade.

There was a great documentary on the rising use of non lethal weapons to laugpa a person or even a whole populous. It’s an insidious method and it will “mission creep” into the default.

My experience of cops? Some are very decent people. Others either hate their job or the public…or both.

To be honest I think it’s fair to say that many cops will massage the truth a little if necessary… Until a video recording happens to turn up…

Poopscoop

Not risking editing !

I meant to type “pacify a person or population”

Klunk
    Free Member

dedicated lead for not making shit up

the two officers must have colluded on their statements…….

The IOPC carried out an investigation and cleared the police officers involved in the arrest of wrongdoing. However, it did criticise another officer over the failure to produce the CCTV footage.

from the Grauniad, when the oversight of these kind of incidents is so blatantly biased bollox we are all in trouble.

franksinatra

I looked at the original article linked by the OP.

I was shocked, but more so by the most read headline linked at the bottom of the page:

Greggs in Broadmead closed for two days ‘after customer went to toilet on the floor’

Its a strange world

retro83
    Free Member

franksinatra

Subscriber
    I looked at the original article linked by the OP.

I was shocked, but more so by the most read headline linked at the bottom of the page:

Greggs in Broadmead closed for two days ‘after customer went to toilet on the floor’

Its a strange world

Having lived in Bristol for a few years that really doesn’t surprise me. 😀 heckuva place

iffoverload
    Free Member

just wondering which forumite will be first to get tazered for going through a red light

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-police-taser-autistic-man-1143200

ransos
    Free Member

from the Grauniad, when the oversight of these kind of incidents is so blatantly biased bollox we are all in trouble.

Yeah, I can accept that the police make mistakes, because they’re human. What I can’t accept is lying about it.

jimjam
    Free Member

It’s all well and good for you middle class IT consultants to cast judgement from behind your ipad pros while sipping your morning espresso….but it’s a different world when you’re working the beat on the mean streets of Bristol. Out there, you don’t have the benefit of CCTVs or instant replays, you don’t get another chance if you get it wrong. Anyone could be concealing a weapon, ready to shoot you, beat you or stab you at any minute which is why, when confronted with a shirtless man, with the mental age of seven, with his hands up, and there are two of you and he’s alone, this is why you taser him the first chance you get. Do you want to get a sprained ankle or a black eye struggling with someone who has a mental age of seven? No you do not.

Taser first, taser again. Maybe taser some more. Ask questions later.

Klunk
    Free Member

Taser first, taser again. Maybe taser some more. lie about it later.

FIFY

bensales
    Free Member

At first reading the thought of tasering an autistic man who appears to present no threat didn’t sit well with me.

But then I thought of an incident with my 8 year old son a few nights ago.  He’s overtired from school and swimming and for various reasons has been banned from his Xbox.  Trying to get him to go to bed, he loses his temper, starts kicking and hitting at me.  I’m carefully restraining him and obviously not retaliating, but there was no reasoning with him at all to get him to stop.  I could only wait until he naturally calmed down.

To go through that same situation with a drunk full grown 24 year old man?  I think I’d have tasered him as well simply to prevent injury to myself.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’d have tasered the kid too.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 210 total)

The topic ‘Tasered in the face!’ is closed to new replies.