Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Tarty bike 'upgrades'
  • justatheory
    Free Member

I confess to buying new decals for my Rockshox Pike that better matched the colours of my bike. Totally unnecessary as the ones on there were fine.

Anyone else partake in not strictly necessary upgrades?

scotroutes

Been there.
    Done that.
    Lime green Stans stickers on rims 😳

justatheory
    Free Member

I tore my wheel decals off. I tend to go to great effort to tone down my bike – reverse tartiness but just as bad.

lunge

Absolutely. Road bike but still, saddle MUST match the bar tape, bottle cages MUST be stealth black Elite Custom’s and the tyre must have skin walls. Even if that means I miss out on some bargains and use some kit that is not perhaps the very best for the job.

Northwind

I’ve still got the blue Stans Flow stickers I got to colourmatch the wheels on my 224. Broke one of the rims before I got around to fitting them, then sold the bike 😆

justatheory
    Free Member

‘Pushima’ air shaft on the shock not strictly necessary either but it’s black innit.

woodster

I’ve upgraded my tubeless valves to black Alu ones. Saved 3g the pair so it’s not just for looks 😉

honourablegeorge

Bought blacked out Stan’s stickers to tone them down for my SOul, quite liek them

federalski
    Free Member

Felt a bit tarty recently when I got a Thomson seatclamp, even though the one I had on was perfectly fine I wanted to match the Thomson post and stem.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

I swear it makes me go faster! 😆

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

It might if it was on straight…

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Its like that on purpose to distract y’all from the grass 😉

ferrals
    Free Member

Regularly. My default go-to healing method when I hurt myself and can’t ride is to put fancy bits on the credit card. Although I kid myself I need them, or that the few g’s saved will actually make a difference. Having had a nagging injury for a while the c-card is feeling it. Most recent being a thompson seatpost and a mt zoom clamp (I did save over 50g for £20 on with the clamp though)

Candodavid
    Free Member

Put a Chris King BB92 in my QH today, bear in mind the old Shimano came out in about 16 parts as it disintegrated during removal, at least it’s the same colour as my hubs now….result!

bigblackshed

What do you think? 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

Some of those wholly unnecessary Hope bar end plugs.

seadog101

Green brake rotor bolts were the start of it, then green chain ring bolts… I know I will be buying more green.

#hangsheadinshame

What do you think?

That Sanderson is hideous.

You asked 😉

dirtydog
    Free Member

I’ve upgraded my tubeless valves to black Alu ones. Saved 3g the pair so it’s not just for looks

Same here but topped off with green KCNC valve caps to tie in with the frame, the vast majority of bolts have been swapped out for black ti or black alloy where possible, told myself I wasn’t going to do it…again.

timmys

‘Pushima’ air shaft on the shock not strictly necessary either but it’s black innit.

Don’t worry, you’re not the only one! I’ll probably do the same thing at the next service having changed my fork and dropper from gold stantioned models to black ones.

davosaurusrex

I just swapped out the decals on my Pikes (eat that CFH) for red ones and now I need a new saddle to match.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Tarty bike 'upgrades'’ is closed to new replies.