Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Tapered integrated headset for 1.1/8" forks?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

New bike has an integrated headset with a 1.5″ lower race, does anyone make a version for 1.1/8 steerers?

I could use the hope adapter, but it’s a carbon steerer and the last time i used one of those it was so tight it bent getting it off (despite being a thick lump of aluminium), so I’d rather something that didn’t require hammering on quite so hard!

BoardinBob

So are you looking for a reducer for the bottom so you can run straight steerer 1 1/8th forks or simply a normal tapered integrated headset (basically no cups but bearings and a crown race and top cover)

I had a ‘mare trying to work out what bearings I needed after mine last 150 miles. I needed “campy” bearings so I ended up going with this as a cheap temporary solution

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/brand-x-headset-integrated-tapered-steerer/rp-prod130924

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yep, that’s the headset standard, but does anyone do that, with a 1.1/8 crown race?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    happybiker
    Free Member

I just bought an FSA one from Planet x, it comes with an over sized race and they sell a 1 1/8 one for about £8.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Tapered integrated headset for 1.1/8" forks?’ is closed to new replies.