Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tapered headset for c456
  • leythervegas
    Free Member

My onone smoothie headset is dieing on my carbon 456. Which tapered headset do you recommend and what size do I need?

variflex
    Free Member

The bottom half of mine literally ground to a halt and then fell out when I popped the forks out to check it, so I replaced it with a hope. I dont know the size as my LBS sorted it for me, but only took them 15mins to sort out the mess and fit the new. Previously people on here have claimed its a nightmare to get the old ones out.

P20

I bought a 2nd hand king off here for mine. Not cheap, but they are good. Otherwise I’d go for Hope

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

I briefly had a Hope in mine, tbh they’re a bit expensive for what you get, no better than my Cane Creeks… But the compatibility was easy.

Replaced that with a Works Components angle thinger which brought out the best of the bike IMO- changed the focus a bit but then it was never a great climber anyway, so worth a little tradeoff for the big improvement on the fun stuff. C456 Summer Season!

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

You can get new bearings on ebay that are sealed, rather than the standard smoothie bearings, which aren’t sealed, for not a lot. Its what I did , rather than blow big money on a Hope.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

As Northwind, swapped a very disappointingly short lifed On One Smoothie with the Works Component Slackset and twas good.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tapered headset for c456’ is closed to new replies.