Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tapered frame with 1 1/8th forks
  • Wozza
    Free Member

I’m entertaining the idea of a 456 carbon, but I have 115mm 1 1/8th Rebas and don’t really want the further expense of shelling out for some new forks.

Is there such a thing as a converter? Has anybody used one that they’d recommend?

Cheers in advance.

starsh78
    Free Member

one of these? not used it myself but the best i could find at short notice 🙂

Wozza
    Free Member

Cheers starsh78, worth a look.

starsh78
    Free Member

looks to be the same sort of unit i used in my old cannondale circa. 1998 to fit my pace rc36’s – so i have used something like that, my brain is RUBBISH!

wwaswas

on-one smoothie is the obvious headset choice but Hope do one too (that on-one also sell).

That syncros one won’t work as it’s designed for non-tapered headtubes.

Seamus
    Free Member

On one do the correct headset for 1 1/8th forks in the 456C frame, smoothie mixed taper I think its callesd. Will probably fit it for you too if you order at the same time. There are so many different options now it is probably the easiest option. Think they also do a hope one that fits.

Edit: too slow

starsh78
    Free Member

i didnt see that it was tapered….

andyl
    Free Member

On one smoothie mixer headset. If you look at the bundle packages it is included. If you look on the site it tells you that it is for fitting normal forks.

alternatives are the Hope one or the Superstar one.

Wozza
    Free Member

Factory fitted is a good call, didn’t spot that. Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tapered frame with 1 1/8th forks’ is closed to new replies.