Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • TANSTAAFL
  • scotroutes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-42750803

Have you ever been coerced into giving away free goods or services for a vlogger/blogger? We’ve refused but it didn’t blow up like this.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Once had someone from an mtb club/website threaten to slate us online unless we gave them better a discount than we offered to the other clubs/organisations we already had contact with.

salad_dodger

Social media influencer. Get in the sea.

Northwind

drlex
    Free Member

Thought this was going to be a Heinlein thread.
    Both were a bit dickish, but hotelier wins the publicity stakes. With the recent gaming of trip advisor for Lomdon’s Best restaurant, I tend to stick to personal recommendations.

tomhoward

She picked the wrong (or perfect) guy to try and blag.

Paul Stenson is the king of social media. His cafe gets TONS of hits from outraged social media warriors because:

Among others…
    Charging corkage for breastfeeding mothers
    Asking for a doctors note when someone says they can’t have gluten
    Asking vegans to give notice before they turn up so he can give them what they want, rather than turning up and be outraged that they can’t be accommodated. This is what started it all, he realised that all the outraged vegans were posting about how outraged they were and this was way more valuable as advertising than any traditional way of doing it. Hence he’s trying to wind up as many people into a froth as they share all his stories ‘look how bad this man is’ etc point people to his cafe/hotel

Now he’s wound up bloggers

He’s issued the girl with an invoice for €4.3mill as that’s the value of the noteriety gained from her little stunt (114 news stories, in 20 countries, seen by around 450 million people)

Follow the white moose cafe on FB, it’s a laugh

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

she needs putting down.

Cougar

Follow the white moose cafe on FB, it’s a laugh

You’re not wrong, that’s quality.

https://www.facebook.com/WhiteMooseCafe/

“I am so sorry that I didn’t think of you guys [bloggers] until now. You are a much more lucrative group of people to piss off than the vegans and the gluten intolerant combined.

Thank you for all your hard work and don’t forget to continue to spread the word about our business!”

Rorschach
    Free Member

Why? Who picked her up?

Cougar

Just found the post which appears to have started it all.

Dear Social Influencer (I know your name but apparently it’s not important to use names),Thank you for your email…

Posted by The White Moose Café on Tuesday, January 16, 2018

tomhoward

Note he doesn’t ‘expose’ her, she did that all by herself in her blog…

Cougar

Oh my days…! 😆

House of Influencers

White Moose presents "House of Influencers"Starring Jen Hatton SketchesProduced by Paul V. StensonDirected by Gerardwalshfilmmaker

Posted by The White Moose Café on Sunday, October 22, 2017

Video response to her. Contains swears.

tomhoward

You’re welcome 😉

CraigW
    Free Member

Note he doesn’t ‘expose’ her, she did that all by herself in her blog…

If you look at the photo, it is clear what her name is. Even if it is supposedly ‘crossed out’, it is easy to read what is underneath.

rene59
    Free Member

Video response to her. Contains swears.

Quality! 😆

tomhoward

Really? I tried and couldn’t work it out?

john_drummer
    Free Member

Ah, “exposure” , that old chestnut.

It’s like asking a band/singer to play your venue, “no we can’t pay you despite all the extra drinks we’ll sell, but think of the exposure you’re going to get “

btbb
    Free Member

I was approached last year by a vlogger for a free night’s accommodation in return for being mentioned in her “holiday” video. I turned it down and although someone did put her up for a night she also spent a night in March on the Isle of Skye in her car! Why should I pay for someone else’s holiday.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Oh dear, it’s like the immovable object and irresistible force of Social Media attention seekers – these things usually turn out to between a performer and their stooge.

As for the ‘free night in return for a review’. It’s not new, it’s how marketing works sometimes and can be great value for the venue / reatailer – what’s a hotel room worth £200 a night? If the Vlogget really does have 90k real followers that’s a bill bargain! I paid, under duress, 3 times that for an ‘interview’ in a local magazine.

Hell fire, manufacturers will give brand new, very expensive good to YouTubers to put in a bloody blender.

Cougar

The irony there is that he’s got three times as many followers as she has.

Rorschach
    Free Member

He sent her a bill for the exposure he’s given her!! Genius.

Poopscoop

She is spouting off about other bloggers going to the Maldives etc for free….but in guessing they have a lot more followers than her 90k!

From my old fashioned viewpoint this is when the ‘net goes south for me and why you have idiots videoing suicide victims in a forest in Japan…

I think I’ll end up going of grid at some point in my life. Some elements of the modern world just confound me.

Poopscoop

“She says she’s saddened that “older people” haven’t taken the time to educate themselves about the blogging industry and are attacking a baby 22-year-old.”

Oh, she has duck-lips syndrome too for much poutiness when turned down.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

I use hashtags all the time on Instagram, #givemefreestuffdamnit

I notice young ladies are more successful than old blokes

cranberry
    Free Member

social media influencer

bearnecessities

[video]https://youtu.be/yZTr4hfknJk[/video]

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘TANSTAAFL’ is closed to new replies.