Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tandems on Planes
  • woodie1

Hi
    Has anyone ever taken a Tandem as baggage on a flight. I am planning to fly my canondale MTB tandem to Toulouse with easyjet this summer, there seems to be no ‘size’ restrictions on a bicycle.
    Cheers

wwaswas

Tandems on Planes

Is there a conveyor belt involved?

lovebadger
    Free Member

Wrap it up well (we only used cardboard) and it goes through the special baggage type department. I had no problems going from Bristol to Geneva but had a slightly bent pannier returning. Think we paid a bit extra to take it…£20 ish a few year back.

clubber
    Free Member

I can’t see it being as successful as ‘Snakes on a Plane’ but you never know, I guess.

(Serious answer, friends seem to manage it just fine though anecotally they do seem to get knocked more probably due to their size)

Dave
    Free Member

When we flew ours to the States we just pipe lagged the frame. Worth checking they can fit it on the plane, I had to go down onto the runway to dismantle pannier racks so that it would fit….

unklehomered
    Free Member

doh, wrong tab…

boblo
    Free Member

We’ve flown ours all over the world. We pipe lag the tubes and bubble wrap/cardboard anything else we’re concerned about. As for getting it on, it’ll be ok on any of the wide bodied jets and anything down to a Dash 8 in size. Ours just fitted into the latter….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tandems on Planes’ is closed to new replies.