Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tamiya hornet or similar?
  • geoffj

For a 9 yr old boy for Christmas.
    I remember reading something about brushless motors, but I can remember why or what 😕

Help please

Edit: or something like this Tamco RAID 4WD 1:10 Brushless Buggy Combo

geoffj

Anyone?

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Hi Geoff, how’s things?

I asked this a few weeks ago here and had some decent advice. I ended up going to my local model shop and bought the lad one of these:
    Maverick Strada XT Evo1

The chap in the shop is a true enthusiast and had loads of advice for me. This is fully rebuildable and upgradeable and very good straight out the box.

I originally went in thinking Tamiya like yourself – as that’s what I lusted after as a kid. Their advice – it’s nice to build but it’s exactly the same technology as it was 30 years ago and things have moved on a lot.

Anyhow, glad I went in and the Maverick is a fantastic looking bit of kit. I bought another battery too. Can’t wait until he gets it out at Christmas! Might have to get one for me too….

Hope that helps

Cheers

geoffj

Cheers Zed

Was the shop in Glasgow? I’ve got to pass through a couple of times in the next few weeks, so could call in, if you let me know which one.

Duh! I just clicked the link and can see the shop details. 😳

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Surprisingly there’s not really anywhere in Glasgow that does anything like this anymore! Beatties are long gone now and the rest sell cheap toys rather than proper RC cars.

It’s a proper old style model shop too, just like the one I used to visit in Dundee when I were a lad…

less than 5 mins from the M8 (junction 27).

worldrallyteam
    Free Member

Most Tamiya kits usually need built and only come with a basic electronic speed controller, no handset batteries etc.

But on saying that I have always had tamiya RC models ( load over the years) still have my first original Hotshot from about 1986. Also bought 2 of the rerelease models and stored in loft.

Don’t want to buy a NIB Hotshot rerelease do you?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tamiya hornet or similar?’ is closed to new replies.