Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tamed earth bikes, Hindhead… good people.
  • daftvader
    Free Member

Afternoon…
    Just been to tamed earth bikes to demo the new Stanton sherpa… Awesome bike but even better was the shop and service. Got a guided tour of the devils punch bowl, from Tom the owner, a great chat and walked away a very happy customer with a new green sherpa frame. Highly recommend going there, and I will definitely be back for more bits.

Cheers

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I met Ant a couple of years ago before the shop opened. He was just working out of his home but the web site was up and running.
    Like you, good experience, nice couple of demo rides for back to back comparison of bike options. He just came across as a really enthusiastic rider wanting to offer a good service.
    Not visited the shop yet but if they are of the same mind-set it deserves to be a winner.

Those Sherpa’s do look like a whole lot of fun.

variflex
    Free Member

Yep, great guys up at TamedEarth. Some very nice stock and over the last year they have built up some fantastic custom builds. Good demo fleet to boot. Some nice new brands on their way too for the next model year.

rewski
    Free Member

Got a guided tour of the devils punch bowl

what’s the riding like? Often thought about heading over that way.

transition1
    Free Member

Tom would be happy to be called the Owner…
    Ant probably not so happy as he is the Owner!

slackalice
    Free Member

When you say, “…. walked away with a Sherpa frame…”

A stock item? How very exciting! Will you be riding it on Sunday DV? 8)

handyandy
    Free Member

I only live a few miles away, yet have never been to the punchbowl. Whats it like?

nuke

Very interested in a Sherpa frame. Fwiw demo bike is a 19″…too big for me 🙁

They do have some Sherpa frames so hopefully I’ll be heading over in the next week.

At the very least, I’ll get to ride Hindhead trails again; I did a recce of the area last year, plenty of xc in a lovely bit of countryside plus they do have some steeper trails (think south side of pitch/winterfold, maybe bit less jumpy but there is/was a bit of a jump area further down)…good day out plus nice NT cafe and parking to boot

daftvader
    Free Member

Rewski and handyandy … Fast!! Lots of ups and downs 😉 really enjoyed it, some of the singletrack was very twisty, and I suspect you could get easily lost. But there is a lot of riding in a very compact area… Oh and a tea shop!! @ transition, I kind of got the impression that they were business partners, if wrong oh well!!
    Nuke… They have a 17 in frame in stock too…..
    Slackalice if I can get all the bits sorted then possibly, but it’ll likely be a ss so not too bigger hills!

nuke

Nuke… They have had a 17 in frame in stock too

😀

daftvader
    Free Member

😆 8)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tamed earth bikes, Hindhead… good people.’ is closed to new replies.