Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Talybont: White Hart or Star Inn for dinner Sat night?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Taking the kids walking for the weekend.
    “Glamping” it up in the camper van in the forest on Saturday night but I fancy pub grub and fine ales for dinner.
    Ive been past these two loads of times, but never stopped in. Both have good reviews online, which is best for outdoor drinkies near the canal, and a bite to eat?

rOcKeTdOg

Ooh, interested too as I’ll be there in July

dknwhy

The Star, definitely.
    White Hart is ok as basic pub grub but the quality of food (and ale) at the Star is much better (food is more expensive though too).
    I’d advise to book a table as soon as you arrive as it gets busy.

I think the White Hart is a nicer pub to drink in though as it doesn’t feel as cramped. We usually eat at the Star and then go to the White Hart after.

For breakfast – the cafe adjoined to the Post Office is good.

Rocketdog, if you’re looking for somewhere to stay, The Malthouse B&B is fantastic. Mike runs a great place and the breakfast is amazing – local juices and honey from his bees on site.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

We camped up there last summer after a long hiatus (it used to be a regular weekend haunt when we lived in Bristol).

I really like the Star. Beer is very good and the garden is nice for the kids. Food is nothing fancy but good quality and mainly locally sourced. I had a really good steak there, I think my wife had a home made curry. Often have live music there too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

dknwhy nails it.

Stoner
    Free Member

knockout. cheers chaps.
    Star it is.

rOcKeTdOg

Cheers dknwhy, accommodation already sorted but the honey sounds good

taxi25
    Free Member

Just to put a spanner in the works. We usually eat in the Hart and drink in the Star. The Star gets rammed on Saturdays and we can rarely get a table 🙁 If you can the menu im the Star is more limited but slightly better than the Hart. I’ll be up there Saturday as well, some good beer Saturday then a quick loop of the Gap Sunday, my idea of heaven 😀

taxi25
    Free Member

Double post 😳

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Talybont: White Hart or Star Inn for dinner Sat night?’ is closed to new replies.