Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Tallboy or Jet9
  • Longun
    Free Member

Title says it all really, looking at first 29er full suss currently ride scandal 29er. Opinions please.

Sam

I’ve not ridden a Jet9 but if I had to choose between the two I’d go tallboy

STATO
    Free Member

Salsa Spearfish? colour is a bit odd tho.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve spent a couple of a days on a tallboy (ooh err etc) and really enjoyed it. Not tried the niner though so nowt to compare it to.

It was however, light even with a fairly budget build (deore), fast and very very smooth. Was fine on the rocky stuff but never tried it on tight switchbacks etc Don’t know what size you are but Santa Cruz have an xl demo model.

tk46hal
    Free Member

I’d go Niner! 😆
    Definitely my next project if the prices of the frames come down!
    I might even ask a cousin in the States to stick one in his suitcase! 😕

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Hi,
    Where are these XL Tallboy demo’s? Need to try a few 29er’s this year!
    Thanx Max

tk46hal
    Free Member

Not sure about the XL’s, but try Stiff, Yorkshire as they are the SC distributors!

daveells
    Free Member

I have owned both.Tallboy is the best by far.

Longun
    Free Member

Daveells could you elaborate on your opinion please.

mustard
    Free Member

I’ve not ridden either but a Tallboy is high up on my list of ifIeverreplacemy26″fullsus…

momo

Get in touch with jungle/stif, they’re the importer for both brands so should be able to give you a bit of advice and sort you with demos on both bikes.

gothandy

Can’t help with your comparison but doubt you’ll regret buying either, but I love my tallboy.

Bream
    Free Member

Tallboy is the pick of the crop if you have money to burn, Salsa Spearfish is the sensible mans choice. I bought a Anthem X 29er frameset from the US, I think this sits in between the above 2. Have read that the Jet9 is heavy, but good if that’s no issue.

Metasequoia

Hi, feel free to buy my Tallboy frame, if you are 6’3 or 6’4 see the classifieds, (sorry for being cheeky)

Oh and I’ve owned both, the Jet is great, Tallboy is better, lighter stiffer quicker.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Tallboy or Jet9’ is closed to new replies.