Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tall persons hybrid advice sought
  • eddie1
    Free Member

I am 6’4″ and looking for a hybrid bike for general use.
    Trouble is I can’t seem to find a frame that fits – particularly saddle to
    Handlebars distance seems to short
    Does anyone have any recommendations for bikes for tall people ?

Thanks

mart
    Free Member

I used to sell lots of this type of bike to all sizes of rider. In my experience, Giant and Dawes have this type of bike well covered. Not just size-wise, but there are variants depending on your particular need. Also, if you don’t feel completely comfortable, talk to the salesman about changing the stem for a longer one. This would only involve a small charge, if any. Check for mudgaurd mounts, rack mounts etc if you need them- some are equiped this way from new.

merlinshearer
    Free Member

I am also 6ft 4in – ride a 20″ Carrera Subway with 100mm stem and riser bars – never have a problem with it – regularly do 2hr+ rides

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    irc

What’s your budget? There are plenty touring bikes in big sizes. Ideal for general use as well as touring.

My cheapo pub/shopping bike is a 21″ Spesh Hardrock frame with rigid fork, slicks, rack and mudguards. Fits me OK at 6ft2. The Hardrock comes in a 23″ as well.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

Trek 7 and 7000 series all have a 23″ frame I believe, and I think the Spec Crosstrail comes in a big size too.

Both big enough to make me look twice when I see them in the shop ‘cos I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t even be able to reach the pedals! 😛

ElShalimo

Specialized Tricross – a capable all-rounder and they do big sizes

IA

6’4″ on a XL tricross here, dead comfy. They do an XXL too, I was between sizes, so you’d want to try them out as it’ll depend on how you’re proportioned what fits.

Use it for to/from work, round town and the occasional off-road jaunt.

eddie1
    Free Member

thanks all for yr advice currently riding a specilaized 7200 fx looking for something with a better fit and also better performance

takisawa2

Islabikes do a 29er that’s more a hybrid than an off road machine. Not sure on sizing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tall persons hybrid advice sought’ is closed to new replies.