Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Tall people – Extra Long base layer and tops??
  • Lofty
    Free Member

I’m 6′ 5″ and most of my bike / running tops are way too short. Has anyone found any which are longer in the body without bring baggy??

gavinpearce
    Free Member

Subzero clothing

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Helly Hansen are all quite long, both in the sleeves and in the body.

somouk
    Free Member

Helly H are good and an admiral base layer I had from Primark the other day was surprisingly long.

warns74
    Free Member

6’4″ with orang-utan arms and HH base layers are spot on and not flappy at all. Also Icebreaker merino wool tops come up long too but tend to shrink a little,

TooTall
    Free Member

Icebreaker, Helly, Nike if you can find it. That’s most of what I own (Helly outlet stores are GREAT for base layers).

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

As a 6’3 lanky git I really like Rab stuff, the fit is great. I’ve not yet found another brand that fits me as well, which is unfortunate as it is quite dear kit.

I’ve found HH gear quite baggy when I’ve tried it, so Rab might be a better bet if you’re quite skinny.

bigpole
    Free Member

I find Gore stuff great especially the arm length
    , and a good fit!

BigAd
    Free Member

Purchased some merino base layer from Blacks several years ago.
    It still fits.

bol

Xl Gore works well for me – in fact I’ve got a Power jersey that is too long if anything (@ 6’4″).

I always ride in bibs though, so to some extent length of tops is less of an issue.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Fits change. I’ve got an older Howies zip merino that’s perfect and a couple of their ultrafine that are extremely long. Less luck recently.

I tried icebreaker in a shop last year and found arms and body short

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Ah. Height isn’t everything. I’m 6’5 but 38″ chest so usually a medium to fit on the body

bonesetter
    Free Member

These are the boys….

They used to call themselves Lab Gear

Make bespoke merino cycling kit – basically when ordering, you’re ordering a fit for you

I am 6’4″ with a super long body so tops always rode up when riding and ended up with lower back exposed 🙁

During the order process you specify exactly what you want. In the case of a longer length, it’s extra sauce or something like

I wear nothing else and need another

Cycling tshirts, cycling art, cycling posters and more. Welcome to ELEVEN vélo

allfankledup

I have some JL kit – targeted at rowers, it deals with people deal that are taller – most international rowers are 6’6″ or so

Best place to buy it is via http://www.crewroom.biz/men-row-tops (link to tech tops)

tthew

On-one base layer is massively long. I’m 5’10” and mine looks like a mini-dress when pulled down. Around the same chest size as you.

crashrash

On one merino stuff is great – and on special at the moment.

woody21
    Free Member

Canterbury ? Rugby players wear it, so…

elevenvelo
    Free Member

Well old thread this one but we are still getting click throughs, so people are still digging it up!

Thought it might be worth adding this link: Garrison Clothing, this is our little side for Merino Basics. Some might recognise the images but these have been staples for years for many out there, especially in the UK. All nice and long too!

sambob
    Free Member

Icebreaker stuff fits my giraffe-esque body pretty well

mattbee

Columbia stuff seems to be nice and long in the body & arm. Works well for me at 6’2″.

Bez

Well, I never knew it was Lab-Gear that became Eleven. Still got some Lab-Gear stuff from the very early days. Must be about 12 years old now. (Lost my beanie, though. Still gutted about that. Best hat I ever had.)

timc
    Free Member

Montane Primino range is great & long fitting, lovely merino / polyester mix, I prefer it too 100% merino myself.

elevenvelo
    Free Member

@Bez, 12 years old??!! Dang, that is from the early days of this Merino journey of madness.

You can always grab another cap ya know 😉

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Tall people – Extra Long base layer and tops??’ is closed to new replies.