Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • "Tall" glasses…?
  • Bez

I want to get some glasses that I can have reglazed with prescription lenses. Normally I use either good old M-Frame Heaters or Sub Zeros, for one key reason: they both have a good distance from the nose bridge to the top of the lens, so they work for head-down road riding where you’re basically looking upwards, where with most glasses I end up looking at (or over) the frames. Problem is, neither of those are any good for prescription glazing.

So I’m after suggestions for conventional-framed bins which extend far above the nose bridge. Preferably stuff that I can either try on somewhere or that I can pick up cheap off eBay or something.

Any ideas?

takisawa2

Couldn’t you have them glazed upside down…
    Then wear them upside down..,
    Semi serious answer.

coatesy
    Free Member

M Frame heaters used to be available with prescription inserts (unfortunately neither cheap nor available now), but they have been replaced with the M2 XL which have a pretty similar shape, apparently as a result of cyclists complaints about the standard M2 lens being too small. Still not cheap, especially as a prescription option, but one i’m going to take in the next few weeks as my (very)old Heaters no longer match my eyesight.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    prawny

Wonder if you could get Radar EV or Jawbreakers with prescription lenses?

njee20
    Free Member

Radar EV or EV Zero spring to mind.

Never found this an issue with normal Radars mind.

slowoldman

Couldn’t you have them glazed upside down…
    Then wear them upside down..,
    Semi serious answer.

That is precisely what Dennis Taylor had done.

Andy_B

Silhouette rimless with the hinge fitted in a non-standard lower position than normal?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘"Tall" glasses…?’ is closed to new replies.