Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tall Boy, TRc or what?
  • higgo
    Free Member

Here’s the thing… I’ve got two bikes and I’m happy with both of them. I’ve got a Blur 4X with a 120-160 55 and a c456 HT with a 150mm 44.

However…. in the summer I’m planning a 4/5 day ride around the Alps. I don’t fancy riding the B4X uphill for half of a 4 day trip and I don’t fancy riding a HT downhill in the Alps day after day.

So….. what is the best bike for everything? I want something that climbs like a jaguar, descends like a rhino and is light enough to put on my back if the pushing turns into carrying.

I like my B4X so similar suspension would be appreciated. But every £1 spent on bike is a £1 I could spend on post-ride beer so less £ is better.

Your suggestions please.

higgo
    Free Member

p.s. I’ve never ridden a 29er but could quite fancy one.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Save your money, ride more, get fitter and enjoy the Blur up and down.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    honourablegeorge

Blur LTc frame on sale at probikeshop.fr would take all your parts, go up better and not lose much on the downs (might even be better)

boxelder

Get a cube ams 29er. Make it my size then sell me it cheap.
    Second thoughts, stereo super HPC – 160mm, 27.5 wheels, float 34s. Saw one today and look awsumz.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The LT2 will be amazing in both directions, so will the TR. Grab a demo (SC do these at their dealers over the year)

higgo
    Free Member

Blur LTc frame on sale at probikeshop.fr

Size = small
    (unlike me)

singlespeedstu

The Tallboy LTc fits the bill perfectly.

simonbowns
    Free Member

try a few, see what suits you best.

imho, sell them both, buy a TRc and love it. I would say that though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member
    Drac

Tallboy LTC is a lovely bike and easily rideable all day with a huge reward on the downs. Hardtails are fine in the Alps too but of course without a bit of extra comfort.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tall Boy, TRc or what?’ is closed to new replies.