Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • tall and want a hardtail 29er ideal combo???
  • bigpole
    Free Member

Hi I am 6’6 and looking for a 29er hardtail, i’ve ridden 21″ hardtails and they are too small. i end u[p with hip and knee pains (which i dont with my other xxl full sus and road bike frames. now I want to add a 29 er to my collection. I see trek specialized and cannondale do 23″ or there abouts , frames – great – but is there anything else out there or which is the bestest!! Im looking at spending 1200 ish

yetidave
    Free Member

I’m 6ft5 and have an XL swift. First time I’ve felt really comfy on a bike in ages.

ton

xl swift are a big bike. 6ft4 here, had 2 0f em
    also surly karate monkey in a 22” frame.

bigdean

Well at about 6’6″ my 21 inbread is great, though it does have a 90mm stem, not quite as good as the 22″ 5 spot but thats full suss. Am currently building a 21″ 29er scandal which should be just as good but lighter.

TooTall
    Free Member

29er Scandal 21″ here which is pretty good, but not as good as my 23″ Turner Sultan. I’m 6’7″ with a 40″ standover.

If you are near Bristol you are welcome to try them.

gavlp
    Free Member

I’m 6’2″ – and will be getting this Cube Ltd SL on the CycleScheme at Xmas but will probably only get a 19 or 21″ frame.

Cube Ltd SL

Spec wise its about the best there is around for the budget of £1200. They do a 23″ frame. Full geometry is shown on the page. Might be worth looking at.

bigpole
    Free Member

Cheers, for the replies, some good ideas.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘tall and want a hardtail 29er ideal combo???’ is closed to new replies.