• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by mart.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Talkmobile from Carphone Warehouse …..Good or Bad?
  • mart
    Free Member

I’m getting a contract phone for the first time having moved back to the UK. Samsung’s Galaxy Ace looks alright, and a 250min /500Mb deal seems alright too. Tesco mobile is about £12 for this, CW on talkmobile only £7….But is it any good? Help a bloke out please!

boblo
    Free Member

‘Tis Vodaphone is it not? Dunno about their service but I was thinking along these lines for SWMBO.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Soud to good to be true motto.
    Do not touch with a shitty stick imho.

lodious
    Free Member

My Mrs went on a similar deal to that one, she’s not a big phone user, but so far, it seems fine.

chojin
    Free Member

The galaxy ace is a frustrating PoS.
    Dropped calls, slow, buggy.

Avoid.

totalshell

for 7.50 its a serious proposition.. i signed up for three last week.

the battery life struggles to last 24 hours but other than that whats to lose.. 250 mins and 5000 texts and 250mb for less than a gallon of diesel..

phiiiiil

I’ve been with TalkMobile since I signed up for this cleverphone malarkey about a year ago; I’ve had no issues. I moved from Orange, whose nearest comparable tariff was over twice as expensive but a quarter of the data allowance, so it was a bit of a no brainer really.

dropoff

I’ve just picked up a sony experia on the same deal for £12.50/ month all good so far, will see over the weekend how good the signals are over exmoor, but can’t be any worse than Orange

rockhopper70

I got the Sony experia tipo on the £7.50/month deal.
    Good little phone with amazing battery life so OK for strava duties!.
    250mins/500gb/unlimited (5000) texts.
    No brainer as far as I could see.

Eldest daughter has the same deal with the galaxy y. No probs there either.

mandog

been on talkmobile PAYG for years. works good like.

paul4stones

I’d spent £60 in 4 months on PAYG so went into the shop to see what I could get. Main priority was something with a half decent camera. Ended up with that deal above on a Samsung Galaxy Ace on Talkmobile having been on Vodaphone for ever. Seems ok so far. Phone works well, charge it 2x per week and it works better than my wife’s HTC Wildfire. I only really text and phone and I’ve never had a smart phone before.

martinhutch

I’ve got an ACE on Talkmobile with unlimited Data and more talktime than I could use for £16pm.

Had no trouble with reception (is basically Vodafone rebadged for Carphonewarehouse), and no trouble with billing either.

The only other point about the Ace is that it can’t do BBC iPlayer, and various other high-end Android apps seem to be incompatible. This doesn’t bother me, however.

mart
    Free Member

Thanks for your replies!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Talkmobile from Carphone Warehouse …..Good or Bad?’ is closed to new replies.