• This topic has 302 replies, 114 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 303 total)
  • Talkemada – Blocked
  • KINGTUT
    Free Member

Yet again, good riddance.

GrahamS

It's OK, he's full time occupied arguing about
    Photoshop with me by email

*checks inbox*

Oh yeah… 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Fred has sad to me that he has tried to contact the mods several times to find our why he was banned this time and non of them will answer him. He finds it strange that Ton can apologise for being racist but Fred can't even get an explanation from the Mods.

It certainly looks like double standards and hypocrisy to me. I guess I am getting rather close to the line myself now.

Drac

Maybe they're just bored of him now TJ, how many chances are you supposed to give someone?

That and they may well just be too busy to bother to try and get some rational from him. He could be a really nice guy I have no idea but he comes on here and acts like a complete nob most of the time.

tron
    Free Member

I guess I am getting rather close to the line myself now.

My theory is that STW is actually an opinion monitoring system operated by the Civil Service, masquerading as a bike forum.

That would certainly explain the generally leftist attitude on here in the past, and if your ban co-incided with a change in government – the PM gets the statistics he wants to get, and nobody stands in his way!

Edit – 😆 just in case anyone thinks I'm actually serious.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Thing is drac – he was behaving Ok this time – really no worse than quite a few of the regulars. fair point tho

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

The thing with Fred i could never get is he seemed to be on here literally constantly during waking hours……very odd 😯

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tron – generally leftist? I find it rather right wing myself.

Would you like to borrow my tinfoil hat?

lowey

He gets away with a lot.

Thats because he is a great big cuddly bear of a man who gives lovely hugs if you ask him nicely.

Drac

Guess I should really have added.

The staff don't necessarily do the moding, while they may have the overall say at times a lot of the 'active' mods are volunteers who have other jobs, interests and generally may not be around. When they get an email they will filter through the important ones I guess and Fred wanting unbanned, again, is probably not a priority to them.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

TJ – you said I could borrow the hat next. Typical right wingist attitude if you ask me 😕

Junkyard
    Free Member

a lot of the 'active' mods are volunteers

How were they chosen?

samuri
    Free Member

You'll have to point out to me a post of his where he isn't doing that!

Isn't everyone doing this all of the time you tossers?

roper
    Free Member

I have had to moderate a forum, as a part of my job. The problem with fred types is they generate too much work. If someone has been banned before I would have to watch them more closely to make sure they don't do it again. If they are on most threads all day then it can take quite a lot of time checking their chat history. Especially if they try to avoid swear filters and other "hot" words. Most people don't need to be monitored so you can get on with other work to make the site better for everyone else. If you spend half a day checking one person who can behave in an unacceptable way it would probably be in the interest of the forum/site to ban them. That way the site can be better for all the other members.

Drac

Thing is drac – he was behaving Ok this time – really no worse than quite a few of the regulars. fair point tho

He was for him certainly, even when someone insulted him. But looks like they weren't prepared to give him the chance this time.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

personally, i don't give a toss

i find it amusing that a banning results in a discussion/bun fight of this magnitude. it has more posts than most bike related threads 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

It's more entertaining when he's here. Just like it was more entertaining when glupton was here. And would be less entertaining if TJ got banned. That said I'm happy just to read the arguments, I'm too lazy to join in with them, so maybe that's why I don't find such people frustrating?

tron
    Free Member

I find it rather right wing myself.

It's all relative. You're looking from a position somewhere to the left of Tony Benn 😉

ton

just to clear things up a bit.

in my post as bombadillo, i asked why soft lefties were attacking a politician (mr griffin)
    teej, ernie and a few others took this to be rascist.
    i then proceded to wind them up for a while, until ernie verbaly attacked me saying i was a rascist.
    i asked him to show me where i had been rascist ( i had not)
    he failed to show me where i had been rascist.
    i was banned for a week. 8)

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

robdob
    Free Member

I'm pretty sure thgere will be a lot more going on behind the scenes that we aren't privy too…

Yes there is, as Talky has just told me. Quite amusing I must say…

The thing with Fred i could never get is he seemed to be on here literally constantly during waking hours……very odd

Quite amazingly, mobile phones can be used nowadays to access the internet. Yowsers, what next eh? 😉

Drac

So you were banned for trolling by the sounds.

Jamie
    Free Member

mrmichaelwright:

personally, i don't give a toss

+1.

sofatester
    Free Member

I remember the thread!

Didn't know you got banned for it 😯

Blimey, best not say anything about anything again. EVER.

ton

drac…….yes, i think.

and to this day, teej and ernie have never….NEVER…proven me to be rascist… 8)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ton – what about the gypsies? I seem to remeber you being very racist about them.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

"in my post as bombadillo, i asked why soft lefties were attacking a politician (mr griffin)" And once again ton, you're shooting yourself in the foot. Nick Griffin is not a politician, he's a nazi c**t, and by describing the people who are prepared to stand up and say so
    as 'soft lefties' you come over as well, if not racist, certainly reactionary.

ton

teej…….show me where.

and is my gran irish/roma??

ton

mitch…….was he elected??

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Think Talke started using the ponce word repeatedly again IIRC in some thread last week in a 'debate' with someone who obviously supported the Tories.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

someone who obviously supported the Tories.

far more worthy of a ban than being a bit sweary

😉 <- this indicates a degree of irony to my post people, let's not get offended

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ton – what about the gypsies? I seem to remeber you being very racist about them.

The opposite he always goes apesh1t on the abuse given to gypsies
    EDIT:for the reason above

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

he's a nazi c**t

But your opinion of him doesn't alter the fact he IS a politician – the leader of a recognised political organisation irrespective or whether or not you agree with their views. I sometimes wonder (given how many times you have repeated yourself calling him that particular schoolyard name) how much you understand about politics and our democratic political system.

coffeeking
    Free Member

"a lot of the 'active' mods are volunteers"

How were they chosen?

This is not a democracy.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

ton – we've been there before. I dont give a fiddlers **** whether he was elected, we both know that it was done dishonestly, we both know he's a lying nazi tossbag, and what I dont get is why you seem so keen to defend him.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

ton, haven't you been ringing and emailing people and threatening them after disagreements on here? That's what I heard. Naughty thing.

ton

mitch….i agree with you, i aint defending him.
    i never did. 8)

ton

dd, who??

lowey

Yay… someones bitten.

Give them all a hug Ton…

aracer
    Free Member

Nick Griffin is not a politician, he's a nazi <deleted>,

You're free to hold that opinion of him, but by expressing it on here in that way you're breaking the forum rules in a way that standing up for him isn't.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 303 total)

The topic ‘Talkemada – Blocked’ is closed to new replies.