Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Talk to me about..Marzocchi 44 ti coil forks.
  • timraven

Just about to build up a Cotic Rocket and was going to go for a Fox 32 fork, but someone mentioned Marzocchi 44’s were great.

Anyone had experience with them good or bad?

alfabus
    Free Member

they were great, but they’ve been discontinued 🙁

2012 ones can still be found, but there are no 2013 44s – in fact the only 44 for 2013 is a 29er fork.

Dave

wwaswas

I thought they were doing the Travel Adjust 26″ fork too?

someone had a 44 RC3 Ti on the classifieds last week.

alfabus
    Free Member

2012 they did the 26″ rct ti (coil fork) and 26″ micro TA (travel adjust), but discontinued the 26″ micro ti (fixed travel air fork, adjustable with internal spacers).

2013 the only 4 is the 29″ micro TA

2011 Lineup
    2012 Lineup
    2013 Lineup

Dave

andyrm
    Free Member

Seen them going pretty cheap online now.

Have only ridden a set very briefly, but they felt really plush and very little flex.

Tellingly, a massive amount of the riders at SuperEnduro seem to be running them and talking to a few, they work very, very well in fast, rough and rocky environments.

Can’t comment on how the seals cope in sh*tty UK mud though.

timraven

they were great, but they’ve been discontinued

Hmmm, that’s what I heard this morning, don’t really want to put a discontinued fork on, just from the future spares point of view.

Apparently they’re recommending the 55 as an equivalent, but that’s bigger

alfabus
    Free Member

I’ve got 55s, and was wanting a set of the 44s for my new bike.

the 55s are the best fork I’ve ever owned… absolutely smitten with them. They’ve coped fine with a year and a half of british mud too.

if you’re going for the coils, be aware that you can’t adjust the travel on them, so if you go for 55s, they might be far too long for your needs.

Dave

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Awesome forks – buy some if you can get them. Very plush, superb damping and proper seals. Might have a set to sell on at some point but keeping them for now.

kimbers

my 44rc3 tis are superb
    way better than the foxes they replaced

took me a while to set up right but worth the hassle im really impressed how much extra grip i have in the wet over techy stuff

they do wallow a bit so you have to pedal smooth on the climbs but

and sealing seems to be great, marzocchi seals in general + open bath = best there is

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I’ve got some and they are great, but i don’t think i’d buy any knowing Marzocchi are now experiencing even more problems.

I don’t think the bushings can be changed when they wear out, they have to swap the lowers? I’m not sure how many spares they have in stock for that kind of thing.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Can’t comment on how the seals cope in sh*tty UK mud though

I can:

I’ve got 2010 model 44RC3ti on a Five.
    Absolutely brilliantly fork, far better than Fox and RS that I’ve had, imho.

Best performing fork I’ve had.
    Most reliable fork I’ve had.
    Most UK winter (grit/slop) proof fork I’ve had.
    You won’t find mine in the classifieds any time soon

I’ve also managed to bag a pair of 66RC3ti for a Patriot build. Can’t wait!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about..Marzocchi 44 ti coil forks.’ is closed to new replies.