Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • talk to me about whippets or other similar sized dogs that are worth a look
  • thv3
    Free Member

This is Dotty, our whippet.

“Whippet” Mode

Not my choice(girlfriends whippet mad), but I have to say she is brilliant. Great trail dog too, with a fair bit of training mind.

marmottefarcie
    Free Member

Just to add to my earlier post – don’t forget to insure the dog. Ours just incurred over £800 of surgical bills after he pursued a squirrel through a wire fence that the squirrel could fit through but he couldn’t. He’s unimpressed that he’s now forced to wear the ‘cone of shame’ to prevent him taking out his own stitches prematurely.
    Lovely loyal dog but apparently not the world’s brightest!

anagallis_arvensis

Dotty is fantastic, shorter haired skinner version of our Kea!

Farmer_John
    Free Member

Hi everyone, thanks for all your help and advice.

After much deliberation we’ve chosen to go with Torminalis’ suggestion of an Irish Terrier. Here’s a picture of the little chap – name yet to be decided but probably going to be called Wotsit or Monty:

marsdenman
    Free Member

congratulations – Looks like a Monty to me…

this is Our Ted
    now 7 months old, top little chap, currently snoozing besides me – his head getting in the way of the laptop…

Think it’s time he took me out for a ‘hangover clearing’ walk….. 😉

surfer
    Free Member

Irish Terrier! Good luck….

Great dogs and you’ll never have a dull moment. Dont let it turn into a cat killer like my Lakeland!

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘talk to me about whippets or other similar sized dogs that are worth a look’ is closed to new replies.