Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Talk to me about… wheel bags.
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Heading to euroland in the van in a few weeks and want to take a second set of heavier wheels for both me and the missus. They’ll be in the camper, so I’m keen to stop them getting knocked about. Wheels will be running 2.35/2.5 tyres and 180 rotors.

Anyone got any experience about what to go for? Current thinking is something like this Conti double: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=53225

IA

Couple of binbags a wheel?

Seriously, you do worse to them on the bike! The main danger to wheels off the bike is bending the rotors, and that’s true in a bag or not. If you leave tyres on them, they’ll have nice rubber bumpers round them too 😉

andyl
    Free Member

as above – remove rotors and pack them away save. Remove skewers.

If really worried about spokes then cut some big circles of cardboard to protect each side, secure with tape and leave the tyres on to protect the rims.

Bags will add to the bulk tbh.

Also work out a way to secure them with bungy straps somewhere out of the way to stop them getting stuff put on them and getting in your way.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

TBH it’s more about protecting the rotors and keeping the inside of the van as clean and organised as possible (I have a feeling it’s going to be chaos… )

But yes, common sense approach noted. 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about… wheel bags.’ is closed to new replies.