Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Talk to me about Wales…
  • midlifecrashes

Couple of great spots on the west coast, Aberaeron, Georgian harbour town built from scratch and all painted bright colours. Good crab fishing along the wall. Decent spots for food. Another couple of small beach towns Tresaith and Aberporth, Tresaith has a gastro-ish pub and beach surrounded by cliffs, with waterfall toppling over the cliff.

Further south, St Davids peninsula is nice, I think the best spot is Solva, rather than St David’s city though. The outdoor centre there is where they developed Coasteering, great fun. Marloes beach is spectacular further south and the walking from Broad Haven round to Dale spectacular.

lister

Nothing to see in Pembrokeshire; it’s a dive, spoilt by oil refineries and drugs.
    No surf, coasteering, beaches, scenery, wildlife or nothing, it’s dead.
    Move on, nothing to see…

🙂

flippinheckler
    Free Member

So many nice places to choose from in North Wales, Conwy, Beaumaris, Rowen, Beddgelert, Betws y Coed with great campsites, also Llyn Peninsula great coastal campsites, lots of castles to base your tour around. Living in North Wales for so long you can tend to take it for granted, but cycling has been a great way of opening ones eyes to the beautiful area I live in. We have sea, mountains, lakes moors, rivers great places to eat & drink and Farm Shops with a new one opening Bodnant Welsh foods also Crug Estate in Corwen.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

everywhere in the national park is beautiful

Which national park? Wales has a few … mostly designed to keep the riff raff away from the truly stunning / wild bits 😉

flyingmonkeycorps

Thank you very much all, I reckon I can plan my next few years holidays from this thread alone!

IdleJon

project – Member
    oh and not everything revolves around south wales as a lot of the above posters seem top think.

That’s fairly natural seeing as most of the population lives down this end?

Anyway, the thread seems to have an even balance.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nothing to see in Pembrokeshire; it’s a dive, spoilt by oil refineries and drugs.
    No surf, coasteering, beaches, scenery, wildlife or nothing, it’s dead.
    Move on, nothing to see…

+1

Yes, don’t go there, it’s awful, that’s why it’s always so quiet there. 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Furthest north I’ve been is Welshpool. Would love to venture further.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh, and the Elan Valley area is lovely too (in case someone’s not mentioned it)

I’d avoid Cardiff personally, bit of a shithole.

molgrips
    Free Member

Elan Valley isn’t so much fun if you’re not on a bike imo.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

The best part is the people in my opinion.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about Wales…’ is closed to new replies.